help with terrain, please!

amaliya

Hi,

I am trying to create a multiple level terrain, but it is not working. Please, help if you know what to do and please tell me what I am doing wrong. What am I missing here?1856 Glenmorrie Ter Plans (1).pdf I attached the elevation plan, and you can see that the terrain is 45degrees higher, which is where I am having trouble getting it right. I would really appreciate if someone can help me out. Thanks in advance!

Amal

Deck.plan

I don't like typing so no can't give details of every step,

but do often help people with specific problems and that is a good way of learning by screen sharing look and play with that model it will need a bit of correcting probably and there free training on youtube and chief has some good videos

On 2/21/2020 at 1:47 PM, Mark3D said:

I have done a video trying to desribe how i did your terrain it might help you understand

Nicely done Video Mark , you may want to consider putting it in the Tips Forum for General Terrain help for others new to doing Terrains.

And to the OP......It is generally accepted you put your Terrain Perimter on Level 1 , so calculating heights is easier.

M.

18 hours ago, builtright3 said:

Mark,
Can you tell me what the cause of this dark are is? How I might best eliminate it?

Capture.thumb.PNG.b0107f44a3cfa7e72d52f0ff2d60d0ed.PNG

It is quite often where the terrain is "folding" down behind the retaining Wall , adjusting or even adding a Terrain Break and playing with it can help to hide the fold's "edge" inside the retaining wall.

I tend to use Foundation walls and add my own Terrain Break ...walls are then edited in elevation for heights etc , as it is rare for a Retaining Wall to follow the ground level exactly at least locally , most R.Walls have a coping stone that is level too. ( convert wall to solid railing and use Wall Cap ) 

M.