Drawing Field Is Huge, Drawing And Elevations Lost In Background

Tricia

For some reason, my drawing field has become so huge, that the plan and or elevations are not evident. You can see the plans enough to make them large enough to see, but you have to be careful in moving from one area on the plan to another, not to loose the plan again. I can't even find the elevations and overviews on the background to enlarge them. Maybe a random letter or line, far from the original drawing has popped up in outer space, but I don't know how to locate it and delete it. Any suggestions?

First, post the plan.  Close Chief, zip the file, and try and post it here.  If the file is too big, make a copy and try to remove items that aren't part of the problem to reduce file size and try again.

This can be tricky to nail down sometimes.  It could be an errant roof plane not fully contained and spiking out in to space somewhere, or other similar things.  One way to try is to do an Edit Area All Floors and select areas within the overall window you are seeing in plan, but that are clearly areas where you don't intend to have items and see if something pops up as being selected.

Select "All On" Layerset

Select "Fill Window"

Then Hit "Edit" - "Select All"

You will see something selected very far away, Select that and delete it.

That doesn't necessarily work all the time depending on how far away it is. If you can't find it, call me or email me with your phone number. I have a quick sure fire way to probably fix your problem or send me your plan and I'll fix it and send it back.