Anyone designed a floating roof on "Skylift" Brackets?

Autumn1

"Skylift" Metal Beam bracket attaches to double top plate of house.  Quick way to support a "floating" roof above a patio or deck. Allows wind (Or BBQ Smoke) to escape thru elevated space (perhaps 1-3') above existing house roof. 2 or more brackets support appropriate size of "beam" (GluLam or other) High enough to allow future re-roofing of existing roof. Roof could be conventional framing lumber or anything like steel or aluminum frame. Ever seen or done one of these roofs? I will ask some questions about possible "Translucent" panels & how does CA "decide" how thick any given roof plane should be modeled in sep. thread. Thanks. 

I was not aware of the :Skylift" system. Brilliant. I have designed several patio covers and decks using custom made, powder coated steel brackets that look almost exactly like these. Glad someone finally made an off the shelf version. 

I have a current project where a client want to add a deck over a low sloped roof. I designed 3 custom brackets in chief to send to the metal shop. I would use the "Skylift" system but their website only mentions patio covers. I guess I need to call them and see what kind of load the brackets will carry.

Deck Bracket.JPG

• Upvote 1