Old backdrops

Designer1

Im using X11 and noticed that a lot of the nice previous backdrops are no longer available.  I don't have any other versions of chief installed but do have the files on the computer.  How can I go back into previous versions of chief to just import the backdrops without installing the whole older programs again?

Im not sure why the older backdrops would have been discontinued there were a lot of good ones.

Thanks!

28 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

How can I go back into previous versions of chief to just import the backdrops without installing the whole older programs again?

I don't think you can....... but try dropping the file in the Zipfile below into an open X11 Plan ...it should import 81 Backdrops.....from X10

File CoreBackdrops.zip

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

So do you guys (and gals) use these backdrops for actual backdrops of a exterior house camera views, if not what do you use them for?  Most are nice pictures, (used for framed art maybe?) but the camera angle just doesn't fit with locating a home on...  for example, under Cities, is San Antonio.. how does that work?  Most of them never made sense to me. 

back drop.jpg

Yes, the backdrops are very limited and there is no direct ability to adjust them. They are also detached from the model so only the model moves with the camera and the background remains in it's static position.

One method I have used is to place a very high & wide P-solid somewhere behind the model and then apply a backdrop to it as a texture. Takes a bit of playing around to get things looking proper, correct perspective, but once done it can be a big improvement. Used a google street view to capture the actual homes across the street from the one we were working on.

672128732_NightStreetView2copyMS1200.thumb.png.bd39e0062a26db2fbea835b5d805e604.png

• Like 1

I also use Google street view to capture the neighborhood, if I can't get out to take an actual picture.  But very interesting on the P-solid thing..  I mean a person could do this as a panoramic view per say, by doing this on a couple sides..  Imagine a solid showing the back of property, then a solid showing the sides and another for the front.  All on a its own layer to turn off.  But in a camera view, your not showing the same mountain view looking out each direction. I know getting way out there.. but interesting nether less.