Auto Detail

builtright3

I'm a little perplexed with the "Auto Detail" tool :wacko:

It can be a pretty useful tool but what if I only want the insulation to show or just the concrete fill and non of the other fills? Is there a way to turn thinks on and off individually?

Any help would be appreciated. I tried to find help on it and I was unsuccessful.

Thank You

I was experimenting with using "NOTES" in my sections and it seems to work just fine but the "Auto Detail Tool" it seems like I always have to do work-a-rounds to make it work for me and I haven't really been able to find any instruction for it as far as what I want it to display.

In this section it put in the dark color of the interior wall that I use for new walls and so I deleted it and that was fine but then I noticed it did not add the insulation in the attic cripple wall or the faulted ceiling.

I just think, if your gonna have a tool like this, you should be able to change setting's or its worthless. If I have to take the time to do work-a-rounds It doesn't really save me any time. Maybe I'm just missing something simple, It would be the first time! I'm getting older and dumber it seems.

As always I appreciate any help I can get.

Capture1.thumb.PNG.5cfa23a1fce055cdf72f74f74641f322.PNGCapture2.thumb.PNG.9894210cd88f229581029f9383cc0827.PNG

17 minutes ago, builtright3 said:

I was experimenting with using "NOTES" in my sections and it seems to work just fine but the "Auto Detail Tool" it seems like I always have to do work-a-rounds to make it work for me and I haven't really been able to find any instruction for it as far as what I want it to display.

In this section it put in the dark color of the interior wall that I use for new walls and so I deleted it and that was fine but then I noticed it did not add the insulation in the attic cripple wall or the faulted ceiling.

I just think, if your gonna have a tool like this, you should be able to change setting's or its worthless. If I have to take the time to do work-a-rounds It doesn't really save me any time. Maybe I'm just missing something simple, It would be the first time! I'm getting older and dumber it seems.

As always I appreciate any help I can get.

Capture1.thumb.PNG.5cfa23a1fce055cdf72f74f74641f322.PNGCapture2.thumb.PNG.9894210cd88f229581029f9383cc0827.PNG

Post the plan for a more accurate answer, but the short of it is that you DO have control over most of that.  Those automatic fills are created based on your various object settings.  Click on Help or hit F1 and search Auto Detail but here are a few quick examples of where your settings are coming from...

-For your roof/ceiling planes you won;t get insulation unless you check this setting...

1536051642_pic1.thumb.png.57f474173af2b62b125e48a224d06c15.png

-For insulation in walls...

1515167492_pic2.thumb.png.4db6663101068b682f67729526aead72.png

-And in the absence of insulation, walls get their auto fills from these settings...

1269102005_pic3.thumb.png.53ce3068c5e825921507cc1d1a88cb0a.png

Like I said though, use the Help files to your advantage.  It's all spelled out pretty well in there.

Thank you Michael,

This is very helpful. I don't always send the plan because most of the time I'm just looking for a little direction to figure it out on my own. I tried the help and I struggle with written direction and it take me a lot of time to filter through it but I don't give up. I feel really individuate at time in this forum and hate to be a bother to others but it is better for me to try everything before I ask the question but sometimes I just get stuck on the simplest things.

Been thinking of doing a private consultation with you at some point to work out a few of my other struggles when I can coordinate the time.

Thank You!