Hiring lead designer/drafts person

marinus

Custom home and mostly residential remodel general contractor in Bellingham, WA is looking for a Lead Designer with extensive experience in computer drafting to join our firm.

Our office space is small and informal, but this allows us to offer a competitive employment package with benefits.

We are looking to hire a professional with experience drafting architectural projects - from the initial designs to permit plans. This self-motivated candidate must have excellent communication skills in order to collaborate with clients and co-workers alike.

You should have a thorough understanding of building components, green building, and good working knowledge of architectural construction documents in residential new construction and remodeling. We are looking for someone who has good problem solving skills and is able to self-manage.

Qualifications:
• 5+ years of experience in construction/design
• Strong technical skills
• Proficient in Chief Architect, AutoCad, Revit or equivalent experience required

Responsibilities:
• Draft residential (some commercial interior) building designs, details, and permit plans.
• Check for code compliance, coordinate with consultants/permit officials/contractors and develop construction details

Hello.  My name is Jared Baehmer w/ Cornerstone Home Designs out of Tacoma, WA.  If you are open to working remotely, I would like to chat with you and see how I can help you.  my contact info if below.  Look forward to speaking with you.

@marinus  just wanted to give a plug for @jbaehmer.  I actually was the manager and design correspondent with one of those contractors that he worked with in Bellingham at the time I lived there.  He does top notch work and is very fast at making accommodations for turn around time when necessary.

40 minutes ago, rgardner said:

@marinus  just wanted to give a plug for @jbaehmer.  I actually was the manager and design correspondent with one of those contractors that he worked with in Bellingham at the time I lived there.  He does top notch work and is very fast at making accommodations for turn around time when necessary.

Thanks, Ryan!  Appreciate it!