Fixture Components in Cabinets to Fixture Schedule

rwaldrondesigns

I have a sink in my cabinet and am trying to create a fixture schedule. When I click on the item to edit it, I'm not sure how to change the label without changing the label of the cabinet. It seems no matter what I do, it is retaining the default label of "Oval Undermount Sink..." I want it to be PL-12

image.thumb.png.ef02b1cce18237329d41eb143a777256.png  

image.png

• rwaldrondesigns changed the title to Fixture Components in Cabinets to Fixture Schedule

I don't have access to X12 at the moment but you may be able to get the results you want by either using the tab key to select the actual sink (instead of the sink base) or by just placing the sink as a free standing item and then dragging it over the cabinet.

You cannot tab into a sink once it's inserted into a cabinet. It will show up in the fixture schedule. If you want to change the name you must do that to the sink once copied to the user library. The option of floating the sink in plan and then moving it works and gives more control. (it's also the only way to get two sinks into a vanity)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MarkMc said:

You cannot tab into a sink once it's inserted into a cabinet

You can , but I never checked if there is a Label tab on an inserted Sink ---  there isn't -----

but place it outside the cabinet and then there is a Label Tab and the Sink can be selected normally (without the Tab Key)

image.thumb.png.038d7beef98aa1e0865c6df2052f66c6.pngimage.thumb.png.814b863cf855d8084bde4fa783da2da3.pngimage.thumb.png.bf9f10093bb78bf8e84a7c56cf93b5d8.png 

12 minutes ago, MarkMc said:

Not really, when you tab what you get is the CAD block

image.thumb.png.71e50cd5f835f15d79af95f830c9debb.png

which is why you can't change the label once inserted.

It's the CAD Block from the Sink "Symbol" you see and you can change the Symbol's Name

once opened and it will used it in the Schedule, but it won't show in Plan View, since it's not a "Label",

which maybe or maybe not a bad thing.

image.thumb.png.77dea44f3f2d9e7889c1929f318fb662.png

M.