Pole shed reno to living space 1 of 4, Floor problem

Renaud

Hi everyone

I am working on a plan of an existing shed pole structure,that is attached to an existing pole structure arena, that is to be renovated to living space.  As a pole structure, the shed has 6X6 rough cut poles 10' OC structurally length wise , and spaced 12', 10' & 12' width wise.  The overall shed size is 34' X 160', Part of this is an insulated and heated horse stall & tack area, 60'X34', a warming area 40'X34' , and an unheated shed area 60'X34'.  It is mostly the warming area that will be converted to living space, with another 10'X10' of the open shed to be used as a utility room.

As a pole structure, it has no foundation.  The poles also serve as piles, planted a min 5' into compacted fill.  The existing floor in the warming area is comprised of 2X6 rough cut planks on 2X6 rough cut sill plates, directly on compacted clay.  The clay fill was raised 5.5" above grade.  This floor will be removed and the new floor supported by preserved wood foundation (PWF) stub walls, Due to the structure, this has largely been a manual general framing exercise.  I could not find a way to build a floor automatically, without a foundation of some kind below the first floor.  I did try to use a deck platform, but that was too limiting.  The general framing options allows the addition of ceiling joists, but not floor joists.  It would be great if a CAD outline could be converted to  a floor area.  I end up using general framing only.   I did define floor structure and finishes in each room definition.  However, the floor finishing is removed if I flag "no floor below" in the spec dialogue.

I am wondering if the CheifTalk community experts have a work-around for this condition?  My files is attached for your perusal.  I have three more issues to discuss, and I will put each one in a separate thread.

Shed 18 Renovation Rooms.plan

1 hour ago, Renaud said:

However, the floor finishing is removed if I flag "no floor below" in the spec dialogue.

I think you have answered your own question. I was trying to grasp what the question was. If your converted conditioned floor area has a floor, framing, substructure/sheathing etc. then you do in fact have a floor below. Uncheck floor below and auto-frame...unless I am missing the issue.Cheers