Help with flat roof with offset 2nd Floor.

M-Ferioli

First, I'm using interiors so I realize there are probably some limitations here that I cannot overcome. Second, I only really do interior work and don't really know much about actual roof structures so pardon my ignorance as I learn.

I'm hoping you guys can help me learn how to make this roof structure look correct, I've tried a bunch of things but I cant seem to get it.  I'm trying to show a flat roof over both floors.  A modern looking rubber roof that has no overhang, maybe even has the siding go all the way to the top, maybe some kind of flashing showing just around the top.  I've run through the flat roof tutorials but I end up with all kinds of problems when I try and eliminate the overhang and try to get the first floor roof to meet up with the second floor correctly.

I have attached some pictures of what styles I'm trying to achieve and the plan itself from x11.  Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.  

Mike

modern roof image 2.jpg

modern roof image.jpg

Flat Roof Project.plan

Ah!  That seems to achieve the effect for sure.  Is this type of roof difficult to build using the actual roof tools?  I'm just curious if it would be an easy few clicks in premier vs not really possible in interiors?  Or just the same difficulty in both versions?  I know interiors is missing a whole tab of roof structure options so.  Just curious for the future.

Thanks for the quick reply Eric! 

Thanks, I did end up with that same look  you've got there once but thought I must be missing something.  I'll try messing with the walls once I get that look again.  I noticed trying to remove the overhang was really making things messed up.  For now I modified the exposed ceiling black like you said.

Thanks for the help with this, I definitely learned something today.  Here is my progress so far.  I was thinking a molding would work well to cover the top of the exposed walls, seems like there is no actual option to deal with that.

parapet roof.JPG