Roof plane and wall height issues

BuilderCT

Good evening, 

I am in the process of designing a barn and am having trouble with a couple items. 

• The two main roof planes are showing up at different ridge heights.  Not sure if this is a roof issue or a wall height issue causing the problem.  On the second floor I was trying to have the finished floor in the Apartment area be one step (Two risers) lower than the Office area floor.  
  • Also, there seem to be some issues with walls and rake/fascia details in the back of the barn near the Lean-To area.  I cannot figure out why the perspective full overview of this area shows areas where the siding is not present and am having trouble aligning the the fascia trim to stop at the bottom of the roof valley.  Instead the fascia runs past the valley toward the Lean-To. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  I’m using Chief Architect Pro 2020.

Jarrett

Waterside_Barn_Plans_Concept.plan

1 hour ago, BuilderCT said:

Good evening, 

I am in the process of designing a barn and am having trouble with a couple items. 

• The two main roof planes are showing up at different ridge heights.  Not sure if this is a roof issue or a wall height issue causing the problem.  On the second floor I was trying to have the finished floor in the Apartment area be one step (Two risers) lower than the Office area floor.  
  • Also, there seem to be some issues with walls and rake/fascia details in the back of the barn near the Lean-To area.  I cannot figure out why the perspective full overview of this area shows areas where the siding is not present and am having trouble aligning the the fascia trim to stop at the bottom of the roof valley.  Instead the fascia runs past the valley toward the Lean-To. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  I’m using Chief Architect Pro 2020.

Jarrett

Waterside_Barn_Plans_Concept.plan

the baseline on one of your roof planes is about 18" away from the wall. to match the other plane it needs to be moved in to the wall. the issue above your lean-to is an attic wall. pull the shed roof back to meet the wall and it will disappear. also, the second floor wall on the front is misaligned with the wall on the bottom.

Jarrett.png

13 hours ago, BuilderCT said:

I’m using Chief Architect Pro 2020.

You're either using Chief Architect or you're using Home Designer Pro 2020.  I suspect it's the latter.  As @Signatures said above, is helpful to be clear about this when you ask questions because it can make a crucial difference, and the reason he suggest the signature is so that you don't have to post it every single time and so that people are less probe to give you bad information. 

In addition, you should probably be posting your questions over in the HomeTalk forum.  This forum here is more specifically for people using Chief Architect Premier and Interiors products which have a lot more features than the Home Designer product line.  Most people here in this forum don't keep track of those differences though and as such, the answers Home Designer users receive here are oftentimes totally useless or worse...totally misleading, confusing, and ultimately a frustrating waste of time on your end.