macOS Install: "Chief Architect ~ would like to record this computer screen"

para-CAD

So I just loaded x12 beta on my 2015 MBP to have a mobile option.  This message just popped up.  

"Chief Architect Premier X12" would like to record this computer screen.

This is the first I've ever seen this message.  No such message ever popped up on my WIN 10 box nor any previous CA installs on macOS.  I don't think I accidentally pressed some hot key combination to initiate this action, but I could have since I wasn't paying attention to everything I was doing until the pop up got my attention.

I'm guessing this is some kind of macOS system security thing...but being not sure, I'm about to DENY.  I can screen record with other apps if I need that capability.

Thought I'd share and see if this is a normal thing.

Screen Shot 2020-02-09 at 4.08.18 PM.png

Edited by para-CAD
added screen shot

Mac OS Catalina?  it has a bunch of new security features which limit some services till you explicitly turn them on now...for example last Week a Client had to figure out how to get GoToMeeting to work with Catalina after updating to Catalina the day before and be able to share the Video etc with me.

It also turns off Scrollbars I have found with some Clients , I posted a Tip in the Tips Forum about that.

M.

• Upvote 1