More than one radius on plot plan?

paccoastJeff

The instructions in the current tutorial guide for X11d say to say a radius on a lot line until last, then draw a straight line, use the change to arc tool, and change the radius properties to match, then remove the temporary handles.  That works great when there is only one radius on a lot. What if there are more than one?  Enter the chord length of the first one, and go back later and change it to an arc and set the specific parameters?  I'm trying to wrap my head around if using the chord length and chord direction (bearing) will place the mark in the precise location?  Intuitively it seems like it should?

After trying different ways, I found a way that works, and the measurements come out precise.  I'll post it here in case someone else is having trouble in the future and finds this.

I had a lot to do a plot plan for that had a radius at the front, and at the rear, but this should work for any number of radius.  Instead of doing as the tutorial suggests, and placing input points and then drawing a line between them with angle snaps turned off, use CAD>Lines>Input Line and use the chord measurement for the length, and the quadrant bearing info.  Do that for each radius until the lot is done/closed.  Go back and select each line that should be a radius and open it. Select the make arc radio button. If you need to change the curve of the arc from out to in, or vice versa, use the triangle adjustment handle to pull it into the proper direction.  With the line selected be sure to select the lock chord box.  Enter the radius and select okay.  Doing it that way all of my measurements remained precisely as they should. When drawing a line between points, even locking the chord, I had some odd changes.  This way seems faster anyway.

Hope that may help someone one day. 

• Like 1