copy paste entire plan and then?

MarkMc

Go to solution Solved by Bill_Emery,

Trying to salvage this to print it- this is locking up in the original plans.

So thought he copy all, paste and hold position- thought that was what I did to solve it the last time but age could be winning here.

So this is what I'm getting- some things on the second floor, some on the first- but in camera they all look to be in the proper place.

What don't I get?

post-85-0-59531700-1394063648_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-93939800-1394063658_thumb.jpg

• Solution

It's best to use the "edit area all floors tool" and then Copy/paste/hold position.

When you open a new plan to paste into, you'll have to create a blank second floor, and a blank basement, and must set up all of the floor defaults that you used in your original plan.

• Upvote 1

Thanks, will try those steps, makes sense.

updated...

Was on finally on the way home but booted back up and tried it. Worked great- stairs are a bit mucky but easy enough.  

I had fortunately save the building as a template (get a lot of raised ranch kitchens)  so used that and deleted walls but had correct defaults- guess that's why I lost the stairs.

I'm glad that worked.  The stairs should work if the floor defaults are close.  I like to give them a nudge with the point to point tools to get them to reconnect.

I've just replaced my old desktop and laptop with a Sager very similar to yours.  How does it compare to your desktop with the Quadro card?

The Dell with Quadro is also a laptop, this flies in comparison. Been a year now and fine- had to have them send a new wifi card and can't get one external drive to work properly on the eSata but appears not to be Sagers issue but would say Sager wasn't a big help sorting it out but appears an issue with a lot of machines and eSata drives. Another external is seamless