Different plan sets linked in layout?

wymandg

Hey Everyone,

Trying to create a layout sheet for kitchen plan and kitchen elevations so I created a new “Kitchen Plan Set” to be able to edit dimensions etc. without changing the main floor plan. Every time I change something in this new kitchen plan set, my floor plan set changes with it. I thought creating the different plan sets is what allowed you to edit things independently of each other?

Thanks in advance!

Dylan

I am using X10

3 minutes ago, wymandg said:

Hey Everyone,

Trying to create a layout sheet for kitchen plan and kitchen elevations so I created a new “Kitchen Plan Set” to be able to edit dimensions etc. without changing the main floor plan. Every time I change something in this new kitchen plan set, my floor plan set changes with it. I thought creating the different plan sets is what allowed you to edit things independently of each other?

Thanks in advance!

Dylan

I am using X10

When you create the new saved plan view you also need to set a separate layer set or at least one that is different than the other being used.

8 hours ago, wymandg said:

Forgot to mention I did save the new plan as a new layer set also. I have the floor plan view shell saved using the floor plan shell layer set and the new kitchen plan is saved using the kitchen and bath layer set.

So send each of the views to the layout and make sure they are showing different layer sets.  Another way to do it is use the same view if you want but copy the layer set when you do it so it shows (ie a different floor).

12 hours ago, wymandg said:

Every time I change something in this new kitchen plan set, my floor plan set changes with it

If you mean in Layout ?  ( you really need to explain EXACTLY what is happening and where)  then Unlink the Saved Plan View ( edit Tolobar button) for the Layout box and it should hold the View that was sent , and not change as you change the SPV while in Plan.

M.

13 hours ago, wymandg said:

Every time I change something in this new kitchen plan set, my floor plan set changes with it.

When you say "change something" ; are you adding, removing, moving, or altering  objects in the kitchen plan? and you expect that to not happen to those objects in another view? Just guessing here.

14 hours ago, wymandg said:

Forgot to mention I did save the new plan as a new layer set also. I have the floor plan view shell saved using the floor plan shell layer set and the new kitchen plan is saved using the kitchen and bath layer set.

Changing "layer sets" is good...but, to control the layer that text is going on you probably need to edit or change the "default sets" in the KITCHEN/BATH Plan View.  I'd bet that your "shell" plan view and your new plan view are both placing text on the same layer...and that is why your "shell" plan view keeps changing.

Just a guess...you might want to post the plan or at least some screen clips of your "plan views" dialog boxes.