Render Camera Running Super Slow

KellySantaRosa

After I upgraded to x11 the rendering camera has begun to take forever to open up a window, and when I try to use material painter it takes forever to change material.  My computer is a Mac running Sierra.  (See screen shot of specs).  I cleared up some space on HD but didn't seem to affect the speed.  It just started happening, any thoughts?

Thanks
Kelly

Update: I believe it is related to the file I am rendering.  It is not super complex (plant layer is off, and not a lot going on) but there is something to the file because other more complex files are rendering more quickly.  Not sure if I am still looking for a reply from one of you Chief wizards out there, more of just a head scratcher I guess.

Many times the objects in the plan are to blame for slowing things down.  If you inputted lots of 3d symbols especially from 3rd party like the warehouse or others it affects. Pdf and png or jpegs also affect it.  And last but not least labels on slows it way down.

As a side note.  What “Signatures” above is talking about is very important even if it doesn’t seem to be to you.  Really without having a plan file, screen shot, knowing what software and hardware you are using many are unable to help you and will pass by your request.  They have limited time so will help others who do put everything in their post instead of asking you for them.

I hope something here helps.  

It just started happening, any thoughts?

It could be a number of things...

Try turning off undo-redo under your preferences. It's it's set to anything over 3 or 4, that could be why there's a lag. If your machine starts working at lightning speed again with the Un-do re-do off, then you'll know why. It's a memory issue, and nothing to be too concerned about. 

Secondly, as mentioned, if you've got a new object in the plan with multiple surfaces, that can really bog down the program. Be careful what you import, especially from the 3d warehouse. They have tons of great models, but if they get into the 10 MB range, take a look and find something with a count thats under 1M.