How To Search Topic In Gen. Q & A ?

Autumn1

First of all - you guys may be happy I think I figured out how to delete my own annoying posts! (I think)

SEARCHING FORUMS - I have NEVER had any luck searching on any forums I have joined such as "Lawn Mowers",   DIY network,  Appliance/Car Repair forums Etc.

EXAMPLE: Tried searching Q & A for:  "Chief Architect Instruction" - OR- "Chief Architect Training". Doesn't seem to bring up much related to the question.  Is it just me or?........

Thanks for any tips.

56 minutes ago, Autumn1 said:

First of all - you guys may be happy I think I figured out how to delete my own annoying posts! (I think)

SEARCHING FORUMS - I have NEVER had any luck searching on any forums I have joined such as "Lawn Mowers",   DIY network,  Appliance/Car Repair forums Etc.

EXAMPLE: Tried searching Q & A for:  "Chief Architect Instruction" - OR- "Chief Architect Training". Doesn't seem to bring up much related to the question.  Is it just me or?........

Thanks for any tips.

I also find it difficult to zero in on the information I need using the forum search.

I get much better results using Google and restricting the search to the chiefarchitect.com website.

Try putting this into Google, replacing [YOUR SEARCH TERMS] with whatever you're looking for:

site:chiefarchitect.com [YOUR SEARCH TERMS]

This will give results from the forum, as well as anywhere else on the CA website including instructional videos, PDFs, knowledge base, etc.

You can restrict the Google search to ONLY the forum by putting this into the Google search bar:

site:chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com [YOUR SEARCH TERMS]

1 hour ago, Autumn1 said:

Thanks for any tips.

For anyone finding this thread and looking for training.

May want to check out Dan Baumann's program at https://www.chiefexpertsacademy.com/ he's an incredibly kind and warm person who has coached in this software for a couple of decades and is reasonably priced. I haven't taken the program but was invited to hang out with his family and constituents and can't say enough great things about him.

May also want to check out @DMDesigns website for training and @SNestor's or @dshall's YouTube channel.

@Alaskan_Son offers training in Macro creation, time available, @Joe_Carrick may offer training as well, not sure.

May want to sit in on @MarkMc's cabinet hacking webinar next week. 

Lastly, I would say to direct questions @solver for roof related questions(or any questions) as he is the best and most available at auto generating complicated roofs in my opinion.

Adding @joey_martin and @jbaehmer to the mix as well as they are some of the fastest drafters I know or heard tales of. Not sure how they do it but it's fun to pick through their plans when they post.(plan stalker)

You can click on any of these tags that I've so annoyingly placed for these users and follow them.(sorry fellas, get back to work!,ha)

Cheers!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

May want to check out Dan Baumann's program at https://www.chiefexpertsacademy.com/ he's an incredibly kind and warm person who has coached in this software for a couple of decades and is reasonably priced. I haven't taken the program but was invited to hang out with his family and constituents and can't say enough great things about him.

May also want to check out @DMDesigns website for training and @SNestor's or @dshall's YouTube channel.

@Alaskan_Son offers training in Macro creation, time available, @Joe_Carrick may offer training as well, not sure.

Lastly, I would say to direct questions @solver for roof related questions(or any questions) as he is the best and most available at auto generating complicated roofs in my opinion.

You can click on any of these tags that I've so annoyingly placed for these users and follow them.(sorry fellas, get back to work!,ha)

Cheers!

All great suggestions.  Thanks Rene!

53 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

Adding @joey_martin and @jbaehmer to the mix as well as they are some of the fastest drafters I know or heard tales of. Not sure how they do it but it's fun to pick through their plans when they post.(plan stalker)

Cheers!

I just wanted to add in there as he is too humble to do it himself: @Renerabbitt for anything to do with renderings or textures and mapping (along with others he obviously already mentioned...)

As always a great Thank you to all of these guys! :D