Extra lines on my layout view

CElder

I'm having an issue with some extra lines showing up in my layout view on an elevation drawing.  I've attached pictures of my plan view and my layout view.  Three extra lines appear in layout, which are circled in red.

• They are not CAD lines drawn on my layout page.
  • I have updated the layout views numerous times
  • I've looked at my plan in "ALL ON SET" to check and see if there is something turned off that might be showing up.
  • My roof planes and sidewalls are identical on each side.

This just happened on this last revision.  My previous layout did not have this issue.  I'm completely stumped.  Can anyone help?

layout view.jpg

plan view.png

Yes as Builder said for sake of time sometimes that is the best route to delete the errant lines with the layout tool.  Just note that it should be done right before printing as anytime the view is updated they will come back.

Without seeing the plan it really looks like dimension line leaders.  You might take a look at the settings for those two dimension strings and maybe try where you are grabbing the dimension from to the bottom instead of the top of the roof dimension.  My guess is you did the dimensions at the top of the roof then manually moved that dimension line to the bottom of the dormer roof?

7 hours ago, CElder said:

Awesome!  I had no idea that existed!!!  Thanks so much!

It can be used to delete unwanted lines, and also to extend or otherwise alter existing lines, and to draw new lines. Any line can be selected with the tool, opened, and edited for type, weight, style, and color.

8 hours ago, CElder said:

Awesome!  I had no idea that existed!!!  Thanks so much!

As Ryan mentioned, keep in mind that any lines drawn, deleted or edited with that tool will revert back to their original state whenever the view is updated. Use that tool sparingly and only if there is no other method to accomplish what you need.