Cad Detail - Saved Plan View Control

RobWhite

It seems X12, with in new 'Saved Plan View Control' system only applies to plan views and is not an option for cad details or camera elevations.  This is a problem when is using the same cad detail for 2 or more different views. For example when viewing scale 1:10 is need to turn off the scale 1:50 text etc. I have turned on 'Active Layer Set Contol' tool in the cad detail to try overcome this, but this then over rides the previous view (different scale) of the same detail in the layout page. That is, my scale 1:10 also display the !50 texts and details. This was straight forward in X11 without the Saved Plan View Control. By the way I am enjoying the Saved Plan View Control has I get more familiar.

It seems the best way to overcome this is to duplicate the cad detail (though duplicate is never efficient) or draw the cad detail in the plan view.

Am I missing a control or method?? Any suggestion.

I guess a training video will bring me up to speed with the change. 

4 hours ago, RobWhite said:

Am I missing a control or method?? Any suggestion.

As you have surmised, Saved Plan views are for "PLAN VIEWS" similar to older layer sets and annotation sets. It has NO utility for saving "CAD Details" (those are strictly 2D in nature and are handled as 2D line and fill entities only that are stored in the Library Browser if you wish to use in future plans).

I commonly draw "CAD Details" in a "CAD Detail window" ( "CAD Menu - CAD Detail Management - a custom CAD Detail window). From there you can copy such material to your LB if desired or just leave the CAD Detail in that section of your plan file, sent to layout directly from a CAD Detail window which is a 2D environment.

DJP