Custom Countertop on halfwall

Randino

how do you put a counterop on a straight half wall?

I want to but a 46.5 high by 12 wide counter against the back of my cabinets. I created a straight half wall, set the height to 36.5. added cabinets to the front of that wall with countertop. When I choose the custom countertop tool, I cannot select the top of the half wall.

Kitchen.plan

6 minutes ago, Randino said:

been all through the KB saw creating island, custom countertops, etc. but I can't get my custom countertop on top of the half wall. It is either in front of or behind the half wall...........

Did you look at the article?  It is pretty easy.  Just draw it and set your heights, sizes etc.  you don’t use the create countertop from cabinet button you use the custom countertop tool.

EXCELLENT!!!!

I was thinking I need to add the countertop to the top of the wall. The countertop is created at the correct position and then I must add the support underneath. I can create the support, first, but I don't connect the two, Chief does.

Is there a video on attaching a custom countertop to a half wall? the link you provide shows adding custom countertop to cabinets.

Now, I'm having trouble adjusting 1 inch over hang on the front and 6 inch on the back

47 minutes ago, Randino said:

EXCELLENT!!!!

I was thinking I need to add the countertop to the top of the wall. The countertop is created at the correct position and then I must add the support underneath. I can create the support, first, but I don't connect the two, Chief does.

Is there a video on attaching a custom countertop to a half wall? the link you provide shows adding custom countertop to cabinets.

Now, I'm having trouble adjusting 1 inch over hang on the front and 6 inch on the back

The wall and cabinet have nothing to do with the countertop really.  You can place a floating countertop.  In this case Erick just helped you to know where to place it in height so it wasn’t being conflicted with the wall.

43 minutes ago, solver said:

Go to chiefarchitect.com. Search custom countertop.

You don't "attach" a countertop to a half wall. You just place it in position.

He was referencing the link to that I sent above.