MAC OS Mouse Right Click and Scrollbars Enabling

Kbird1

I don’t use MAC OS myself but many other Users I know do, and I am not sure if this is new in Catalina OS, the latest update ?, but I have had to show People numerous times in the last month or two, how to both turn Scrollbars and the Mouse Right Click Buttons on, some didn't even realize their Mice had a Right Click option.

1.     MAC OS  seems to have its Scrollbars Turned Off by Default, so they aren’t seen in Chief either after Enabling them in View > Scrollbars

Go to > System Preferences > (search) ScrollBar Behaviors at top left > Open > and Set Scrollbars to Always in the 2nd section.

2. MAC OS  also seems to have its Mouse Right Click turned Off by Default too in some cases, so it also can’t be used in Chief ,

for example in the Project Browser in Plan Views > Open Object or create a New Cad Detail by Clicking On the CAD Details Header,

or to Edit Page Information in a Layout.

Go to > System Preferences > Mouse > place a Check in the box for Secondary Button by Clicking on it

( If desired the Secondary button can be your Left or Right Click eg if you are left handed, choose appropriately ).

Sorry I can't add Pics as I don't have a MAC to take some Screen Snips on.

Mick.

Long time Mac user and the only time I have seen it not be on by default is when someone had a 3d party mouse before adding their apple Magic Mouse.  I do always make some adjustments to speed and a couple of other settings when I setup a new Mac as well so I am pretty familiar with the mouse settings.

17 minutes ago, SNestor said:

I have a MAC...I’ve never had to do what you describe.  Weird.  

I don't have a Mac so can't really say if it is the OS Version or ??? , just thought I'd post it up in case there are Others with the same issues. 

* You may also know your way around a MAC and I not sure some I helped do :) 

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/4/2020 at 12:13 AM, Kbird1 said:

I don't have a Mac so can't really say if it is the OS Version or ??? , just thought I'd post it up in case there are Others with the same issues. 

* You may also know your way around a MAC and I not sure some I helped do :) 

Thank you, Mick!

9 hours ago, DG1949 said:

Thank you, Mick!

Happy the post finally helped someone here too :) 

If your Sig. is correct ? there maybe and update for x12 for you ...22.1.1.1 is the latest I think , at least on Windows.

• 3 years later...