X12 for Interiors

Designers_Edge

Not sure if there is a beta version ...see your digital locker if your SSA is upto date, ( no... you have X10 , I see now)

but the full Release is usually Late Feb , but I have no inside Info on that. 

If you are still on X10 then it maybe cheaper to upgrade now and having SSA again will mean you get X12 as well ... I think a 1 version upgrade is $695?  ( vs $525 to keep SSA Active) 

M.

Hi Sharon,

The release has been out for a couple of weeks now.  I had decided to email customer service last week, since I was also checking the locker pretty regularly, and likewise my SSA is all up to date. They will make sure that it's available for you right away. It only took a couple of hours for the response, and there it was - in the locker.  

Best, Val 

40 minutes ago, Designers_Edge said:

Thank you for helping.  The first place I checked was in my Digital Locker.  I guess, I need to be patient and look for it at the end of the month.  

I am not sure if Interiors has a Beta version ? , that maybe the difference at this time but I believe that SSA must be current to Mar. or April also.... ie past the expected Full Release Date but worth a call tomorrow morning to Sales to confirm.

M.

6 minutes ago, VHampton said:

good point...  Sharon had mentioned that she has X11 not necessarily an "interiors version".

It's not in Her signature , it should be as there maybe different answers for it vs Premier occasionally, but She mentioned X11 Interiors in Her 1st Post , which is why I thought that maybe why there is no download available for X12 Beta.

2 hours ago, Designers_Edge said:

Thank you for helping.  The first place I checked was in my Digital Locker.  I guess, I need to be patient and look for it at the end of the month.  

Just had someone else in another thread with this issue....... he checked again after I posted this....and it was there after all.

"I don't remember exactly but I think there was an Upgrade Button in my Locker , which needed clicking 1st , then the Download was available."

Thank you everyone!  My original question on this thread was for X12 Interiors, did not know that needed to be in my signature too, but will certainly add that.  My SSA expires 11-2020.

I checked just a few minutes ago and there on the right I now have the green upgrade button—definitely was not there this morning.  Thanks again to this great community.

36 minutes ago, Designers_Edge said:

my original question on this thread was for X12 Interiors, did not know that needed to be in my signature too

It is simply because different Versions of the Chief Software require Different Answers sometimes to your questions on the Forum,

Ie there are Features and Things that Interiors cannot do compared to Premier , and features in x11 or x12 not in X9 etc etc.

M.

Hi Sharon...

Quick observation. As a fellow Mac user, I happened to notice that the new release was slightly glitchy. It had a few quirks with text disappearing, as well as delayed reactions (blue screen) when opening viewports from layout sheets.

Aside from adding more memory which is really easy to do on the larger Macs... the option to upgrade to Catlina is highly recommended. It somehow optimizes the graphics hardware, and all this to say, that the Beta release is far more stable, and all of the above quirks have been resolved. I was also using High Sierra, not wanting to make the leap to Mojave. Long story short, the Catilna release has some very nice features, and it's very subtle change to the system.

Have a great day, Val