Why Does The Default Stainless Steel Look So Dark?

4hotshoez

Go to solution Solved by DavidJPotter,

Jintu:

I spotted the following on the Corona website which I am not sure what it means - can you comment on this?:

What are the minimum software requirements? You currently need an x64 3ds MAX 2011-2015 running on Windows Vista or newer.      

That might be the problem I'm having in downloading it? I don't have 3d s Max and really have no plans to spend $3500 on it anytime soon. For what I do, not worth that cost.

Is 3d s max a prerequisite for using Corona? Not sure, but despite repeated attempts to download it, and says successful after going through the steps, it is nowhere to be found.

What are the minimum software requirements? You currently need an x64 3ds MAX 2011-2015 running on Windows Vista or newer.    

That might be the problem I'm having in downloading it? I don't have 3d s Max and really have no plans to spend $3500 on it anytime soon. For what I do, not worth that cost.

No need to buy 3dsmax. You can try Corona for Blender they are both free.

There is also a StandAlone version but I haven't tried it yet.

https://corona-renderer.com/forum/index.php?topic=905.0

Curious if anyone, who does not already have 3d Max, has successfully downloaded Corona? Standalone or otherwise?

I have tried, to include the links Jintu was nice enough to provide and nothing works. The first link he listed seems to go through the motions of an installation even saying it was successfully installed, but it never does do so. I tried the Drop Box links to the "stand alone" too and they come back (all of them) with a missing .dll file and please try to reinstall the program.

Wanted to try it out, but does not seem it's going to work for me.

post-489-0-77746800-1413517494_thumb.jpg

Blender 2.72 is here http://www.blender.org/download/  or Feature Page http://www.blender.org/features/2-72/

then you need the two files in the link Jintu points to above as well for the Standalone to work it looks like....

https://www.corona-renderer.com/wiki/blender2corona/installation

this page has a security cert. error in IE but opens fine in Chrome for me...

M.

Edit:

The Installation Instructions are a little out of date with Blender 2.72 so this should help :

1. Extract Corona Standalone to your hard drive.and Copy or move the Corona Standalone extracted Folder to C:\Program Files  (64bit)  or Blender won't find it      ( not C:\program files (x86) unless you use the 32bit program)
  2. From the .zip file of the exporter, extract the contained folder named “render_corona”. (only this folder is in download)
  3. Put the “render_corona” folder into your <blender installation directory>\2.72\scripts\addons
  4. Enable the addon from the preferences panel, under the “Render” category (Put Check in Box on Right)
  5. In the preferences panel, set the path to the Corona Standalone directory containing the Corona executable.(C:\Program Files  (64bit) as above in No#1) ,then click save settings at the bottom of the Preferences Window.
  6. post-315-0-04898000-1413569525_thumb.jpg
  7. Select “Corona” from the render engine dropdown.
  8. post-315-0-97094700-1413569850_thumb.jpg
  9. Set the project export path in the Corona Render panel in the Render tab
  10. post-315-0-10106000-1413569547_thumb.jpg
  11. If you have a Nvidia Videocard you can enable the CUDA Cores too it looks like (left side of pic)
  12. post-315-0-32610400-1413569672_thumb.jpg
  13. Now I just have to learn how to use it :)
PLEASE SEE THIS NEW THREAD IN THE CHATROOM FORUM TOO ! TITLED CORONA RENDER
Edited by Kbird1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks Jintu and Mick.

I tried the link Jintu provided last night and the instructions were not at all what I was finding, to include the newer Bin file. They also talk about and .exe file that could not be found, but I did put the folder into the Bin 2.72 and continued. That's where I don't have what they show in the "instructions" from Blender, there was no integrate Corona with a browse option. I tried quite a few things over an hour and a half and finally gave up. Being the conspiracy theorist that I am, I figured someone at Corona was hell bent on me not having this, despite not having said anything unfavorable about them in at least a few hours. :)

Mick,

I'll try your updated instructions later and will report how that works. My thanks again for you both !!

There does not appear to be a /bin Folder when you install Blender (2.72) any longer but the Addons folder is still in Scripts Folder

ie  <your blender installation directory>\2.72\scripts\addons

the new Blender interface was why I posted the new images above as the program got an update to 2.72 this week (Oct 14th) and things are a bit different than the other Instructions.

If using an older version of Blender with the Standalone Corona you probably need to use the older Instructions.

Blender 2.72 is here http://www.blender.org/download/  or Feature Page http://www.blender.org/features/2-72/

then you need the two files in the link Jintu points to above as well for the Standalone to work it looks like....

https://www.corona-renderer.com/wiki/blender2corona/installation

this page has a security cert. error in IE but opens fine in Chrome for me...

M.

Edit:

The Installation Instructions are a little out of date with Blender 2.72 so this should help :

1. Extract Corona Standalone to your hard drive.
  2. From the .zip file of the exporter, extract the contained folder named “render_corona”. (only this folder is in download)
  3. Put the “render_corona” folder into your <blender installation directory>\2.72\scripts\addons
  4. Enable the addon from the preferences panel, under the “Render” category (Put Check in Box on Right)
  5. In the preferences panel, set the path to the Corona Standalone directory containing the Corona executable. ( done for you now)
  6. Select “Corona” from the render engine dropdown.
  7. Set the project export path in the Corona Render panel in the Render tab
  8. If you have a Nvidia Videocard you can enable the CUDA Cores too it looks like (left side of pic)
  9. Now I just have to learn how to use it :)

Hi

Thanks for your tutorial. Please allow me to repost this in the Corona thread, this information is important. The question is how. :)

Hi

Thanks for your tutorial. Please allow me to repost this in the Corona thread, this information is important. The question is how. :)

Just highlight Mick's post and copy it. Then go to

the other thread and past it into the reply window.

I think here is where I'm supposed to say ... easy peasy.

I don't see a Corona Thread Jintu? 

However I am not having any luck getting the Corona Render to work so I may need to update this thread , Blender 2.72 is crashing when I invoke the Corona Standalone Render , Opengl Render is working Fine , I know nothing of 3D Rendering but I don't think it is me , since the Opengl Render is working fine along with one of the builtin Render Engines.

Mick

@Rich ...do the images go too if you copy paste to another thread ?  I can always repost if I can get it to work :)

Just highlight Mick's post and copy it. Then go to

the other thread and past it into the reply window.

I think here is where I'm supposed to say ... easy peasy.

I tried but the images won't post. :)

I don't see a Corona Thread Jintu?

Here's the  thead, - https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?/topic/2527-corona-renderer/?p=20390

Thanks MIck.

@Rich ...do the images go too if you copy paste to another thread ?  I can always repost if I can get it to work :)

I tried but the images won't post. :)

Do you guys want me to transfer Mick's tutorial to the Corona thread?

If I copy and paste Mick's original post (#38) the images transfer fine.

If I copy and paste Jintu's copy of Mick's post (#41) the links to the

images transfer and are active so the pics can be accessed.

I would have just gone ahead and transferred the post but there

seemed to be some question as to whether the steps were working

properly or needed to be tweaked.

I edited #38 slightly , and while everything seems to have installed correctly , Blender crashes if I use a Chief X5 exported .3DS file (small house) , not sure if it is a bad plan or how I exported the .3DS (settings?) 

If I import  a .3DS from SketchUP , a Bed Gene made on the symbols forum I get a black and grey checker pattern but no crash.

unfortunately I don't know enough ( read anything) adout 3D Rendering Software to be able to diagnose the issues.

Have you tried this Rich ? feel free to transfer #38 to the Chatroom

post-315-0-16239500-1413655082_thumb.jpg

I see Jintu got the transfer accomplished. Sorry, I got

sidetracked last night and by the time I checked back

you guys figured it out.

Mick, I haven't tried to download or install anything yet,

but after seeing Jintu's gorgeous sample I will definitely

be checking it out. I was hoping you guys would get the

process all smoothed out and then I will waltz in and

reap the benefits. :)

Had no luck getting Blender and Corana Render to work Here Rich , so am hoping you try it out and can give pointers , if you get a .3DS that works from Chief can you add it to the chatroom thread , at least for me with an X5 3ds file Blender crashes using the Corona Render , but opengl test render works fine.

thx.

M.