Phantom Light

kwhitt

I started using X12 yesterday with an X11 file.  There is a light source in my layout that I cannot find - images attached.  When I go to 3D > Lighting > Adjust Lights to find the culprit, there's nothing there.  Anyone have any ideas where this light might be coming from and why it doesn't show up in the light list?  It's not the sun for sure...  Thanks, Kevin

002.jpg

001.jpg

003.jpg

Graham - thanks for the reply.  I will attempt to place my own light to override the default.

Mike -  funny thing - when I switch over to PBR, the casing around the door glows like a light source.  That said, I believe that is an entirely different issue that I've heard mentioned before...

Just now, kwhitt said:

Graham - thanks for the reply.  I will attempt to place my own light to override the default.

Mike -  funny thing - when I switch over to PBR, the casing around the door glows like a light source.  That said, I believe that is an entirely different issue that I've heard mentioned before...

If you have glowing surfaces that may be due to the surface material having an emissive setting. Best way to find these is to turn off all lights, set your sun intensity to 0 and toggle the sun off. Everything in the scene will be black except materials with an emissive setting. Emissive is useful but you need to be careful as overdoing it can really screw up the scenes lighting.

The only other time an object may glow is if it penetrates say a wall so part of it is on one side and other part is on the other side. If one side is brightly lit CA may use that light to generate the materials appearance versus the light within the room that the camera is in.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kwhitt said:

funny thing - when I switch over to PBR, the casing around the door glows like a light source. 

3 hours ago, TheKitchenAbode said:

The only other time an object may glow is if it penetrates say a wall so part of it is on one side and other part is on the other side.

I've had this occur when a wall, or section of a wall is defined as no room definition. Attached were in X11

No room definition

image.thumb.png.7c24fca3239333f04434f135ae3ab9b8.png

Change to room definition

image.thumb.png.1eaa7ea498b8445f86a81f692ad145c8.png

I chased lights, added subtracted and adjusted when this happened. The only thing that worked was changing the room definition. Yes it was sent in.

• Upvote 1