Technical Support Question

paccoastJeff

I am currently trying out the trial version of X11.  We currently own Softplan, and I have to say I like CA  better so far.  I had a question about changing defaults for dimensioning that didn't seem to be working like I thought the documentation said it should.  I sent an email inquiry and received a pretty fast reply with a screen shot showing precisely what I was doing wrong.  That was impressive.

With the SSA, is support like that part of the package?  Reading the description online it sounds more like it's aimed at installation and error message problems, so I'm seeking clarification on if it also includes technical/operational questions?  The documentation seems thorough and well organized, but I know with relatively complex software with multiple options there will likely be questions from time to time.  Having access to technical support with the SSA package would be a big selling point for me.  

I'm taking part in the online demonstration on Friday, and looking forward to it.  

From what I understand, SSA technical support and "training" are different. Technical support is really for problems caused by the program. Technical support is really not there to train you how to use the program. They have a fee for that. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

21 minutes ago, paccoastJeff said:

I'm taking part in the online demonstration on Friday, and looking forward to it.  

I'm possibly not the most knowledgable person when it comes to SSA but they do in fact handle almost any question you can throw at them as well as being part of a yearly upgrade promo rate.

Additionally, these forums are filled with very helpful and knowledgeable users that are more than generous with their time. You can also find various users that offer training services.

Hope that helped. 

Jeff,

Thank you for the question and for your interest in Chief Architect.  SSA provides access to Priority Tech Support.  The Support Team is there to help with technical problems with installing the software and program errors.  That being said, Tech is also available to steer you to existing resources for help with how-to questions and they can help you find where  tools or settings are located in the software.  We have hundreds of training videos, Knowledge Base articles and webinars in addition to our comprehensive documentation to help with learning the software.  We also offer formal training services for a fee such as classroom training, training webinars and one-on-on personal training.  Below is a link to explore the training services.  https://www.chiefarchitect.com/training/

Here is the full list of benefits of Support and Software Assurance (SSA): 

• Updates, Major Releases, and New Versions
  • Priority Technical Support
  • Download Library Catalogs
  • Discounts on Select Training
  • Discounts on Secondary Licenses

Feel free to reach out to our Sales Department with any questions at 208-292-3400 or email sales@chiefarchitect.com 

Kind regards,

Derek Pedersen

Chief Architect Sales

• Like 1

Thank you very much for the thorough, informative reply Derek.  I really appreciate it.  I was really impressed by the helpful reply I received from Michael McClain the other day. He included a screen shot showing exactly what I needed to do.  

I have looked through the libraries that installed as part of the download of the trial version, and I believe there are other libraries available?  Are there many detail drawings, like typical wall/roof construction detail drawings?  I use some of the details available from sources like the APA, but it would be nice to have some already made details to include as well, without having to create them from scratch.  

Thanks again for the help.

ON EDIT:  I have been working my way through many of the video's. Extremely well done and helpful.  The training tutorial and user documentation also seem extremely well done.

On 1/29/2020 at 9:54 PM, paccoastJeff said:

I am currently trying out the trial version of X11.  We currently own Softplan, and I have to say I like CA  better so far.  I had a question about changing defaults for dimensioning that didn't seem to be working like I thought the documentation said it should.  I sent an email inquiry and received a pretty fast reply with a screen shot showing precisely what I was doing wrong.  That was impressive.

With the SSA, is support like that part of the package?  Reading the description online it sounds more like it's aimed at installation and error message problems, so I'm seeking clarification on if it also includes technical/operational questions?  The documentation seems thorough and well organized, but I know with relatively complex software with multiple options there will likely be questions from time to time.  Having access to technical support with the SSA package would be a big selling point for me.  

I have a YouTube page (see link in my signature)...and some other Chief Experts have created YouTube pages/videos.  You might watch some of these to get a feel for Chief.  DSHall has posted hundreds of videos on YT.  

Chief is  an incredible program...you will not be disappointed.  

• Like 1

SNestor,

Yes, there are hundreds of architecturally correct CAD details both in the Core Library and in a Bonus Library. 

Here is the file path to find them in the Core Library:  Chief Architect Core Catalogs>CAD Blocks>CAD Details 

Here is a link to the Bonus Library (Note that you need SSA to download this, so it's not available in the Trial Version):  CAD Download - "CAD Blocks and Details"

Kind regards,

Derek

Chief Architect Software