Have Completed Home Design In Ca10, Need To Convert To Plans For Building Permit. Needed Yesterday!

garthbc

Next you need to create a layout file to put together the plan sheets that will form your construction plan set.  Individual floor plans (foundation, basement, main level, 2nd story, floor framing, roof framing, etc.) can be sent to the desired plan sheets by "sending to layout".  You can also send elevation views, sections through your home, 3D camera views, door-window-room finish and other schedules to layout sheets as well.  If Chief's provided CAD details work for your plan, you can send them to your layout sheet(s) as well or, if needed, modify Chief's details or crate your own using the CAD tools.  You will probably need to include project information and appropriate construction notes, etc. as may be required by your  building department.  Once your layout is complete, print it as a PDF file ... the most common file format for printing home construction plans.  Chief provides PDF995 for doing this (v10) or you can use other free PDF creators such as CutePDF which can be found on-line.  Read up in your manual on any of the steps you don't understand.  As you are working, you can click on F1 (help) to find information on specific tools you are using.  If you have your v10 "Users' Guide", I would suggest looking through that as it should provide you with good information in creating your project layout.  Good luck.

Hello Garth,

Pleases send me your plan files so that I can look at what you have created.  If you need help doing that, let me know in an e-mail, and I'll walk you through it.  After my review, I can indicate to you if there may be any issues that would prevent the creation of plan files for your municipality.  Then I would be pleased to do that work for you.

Contact me at CLHBOnTheRoad@gmail.com

Thanks,

Gary Prentice