X6 Reflect About Object Tool

AJPeach

Go to solution Solved by glennw,

Where has the 'Reflect about Object' tool gone in X6 ?  I used to use this tool quite a lot, for example to change a sink with a RHS drainer to LHS, or to reverse a corner bath to get the taps where I wanted them.  Now I can't find it, or anything equivalent.  Have I missed something.  Has this useful tool been taken away ?

Alan

Last night when I came across this problem using my laptop, I was trying to 'reflect' a sink unit. The edit menu/toolbar appears, no problem, but there isn't a 'reflect about object' button.  I deleted the sink and got another copy from the library but it was no different.  I must have spent about an hour trying to figure out what was going wrong.  I opened X5 with the same plan and clicked on the sink unit and there was the 'reflect about object' button.  Then back into X6 and it just isn't there.

This morning I tried it on my desktop PC with a blank plan, using same sink unit (Sinks - Self-rimming - Double w/drainboard) and there is no 'reflect about object' button to select.  I tried a different sink unit and same problem.  Then I tried a 'garden' corner bath, and hey presto, the 'reflect about object' button is there.

So my conclusion is, there's nothing wrong with my PC set-up and something has changed in X6 because I've always been able to reverse a sink unit in the past.

Alan

The problem with that method seems to be that if you place it outside a cabinet, flip it, then try to place it back into a cabinet, it does not connect itself to the cabinet, but stays independent. You can of course just reflect the cabinet, and it will flip the sink with it.