"drawing order" for plan view

Kaemingk

Looking for information on if there is a way to adjust how some items show in priority over others in the plan view.  Currently my issue is that an outdoor slab pulled up to the edge of a building will cover over my accordion door when the door is shown in the open position.  Please see the screen shot with patio in place vs if I pull it back away from the building.  I'd be great if we could control that similar to autocad features called the drawing order where you can move items to the back or front.  

Anyone know how this can be done?  Thank you.  

Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 12.47.03 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 12.47.14 PM.png

707644445_Annotation2020-01-23155641.thumb.jpg.951bbfe7d6c5f6e9e6b44f51df76110b.jpg

Drawing Group, does very similar to drawing order and should solve your problem.  You can also adjust the transparency of the fill.

Although, I may be having a similar issue with a slab and foundation walls, that I cannot fix...

I fixed my issue and it is due to X12 having the added ability for background color for the fill.  Before, concrete had the white solid background built-in.  Now, this needs to be added in separately so it would hide the block at the garage door (because I cannot figure out how to build the foundation in this area properly)

Annotation 2020-01-23 155641-2.jpg

Annotation 2020-01-23 155641-3.jpg

• Like 1

Drawing Group and Draw Order are part of the same thing.

You can assign an object to a Drawing Group either in it's dbx, or you can use the Draw Order Edit Tools on the Edit toolbar. 

Select an object, select Draw Order Edit Tools from the Edit toolbar, where you can change the Drawing Group and you can also choose Send To Back, Send Backward, Bring Forward, Bring To Front.  

• Like 1