X12 It's The Little Things...

HumbleChief

Sometimes it seems like we all have a gripe about a feature or a feature limit that seems so petty but small changes can make such a huge difference in work flow and the ability to move through a plan just that little bit faster. A (again) small example is the ability to turn off a back splash with a check box instead of changing the value to zero - small, but huge regarding work flow.

Just now I went to edit a plan view and instead of the old 'Open Object' option (which is so software engineer speak) it now says Edit View. Seems really small again but it makes a difference and all of the small changes just speed work flow that much more. Appreciated Chief guys!

Any others you've noticed?

• Upvote 2

It is programmer's having way to much time on their hands. I think we need more commercial type stuff. for those of us who do contempory houses and small commercial projects

37 minutes ago, HumbleChief said:

Sometimes it seems like we all have a gripe about a feature or a feature limit that seems so petty but small changes can make such a huge difference in work flow and the ability to move through a plan just that little bit faster. A (again) small example is the ability to turn off a back splash with a check box instead of changing the value to zero - small, but huge regarding work flow.

Just now I went to edit a plan view and instead of the old 'Open Object' option (which is so software engineer speak) it now says Edit View. Seems really small again but it makes a difference and all of the small changes just speed work flow that much more. Appreciated Chief guys!

Any others you've noticed?

• Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, raltd9245 said:

It is programmer's having way to much time on their hands. I think we need more commercial type stuff. for those of us who do contempory houses and small commercial projects

You might have a look at Podium Browser.  They have a lot more contemporary and commercial stuff in their catalog.  It's made for Sketchup but you can easily import into Chief.

Another little thing that annoys me in X11. Haven't taken the step to X12 just yet, but is there now an option in X12 to keep the aspect ratio in 'point to point resize'?

Yes.  For a more complete list of what's new in X12, you should look here:

https://cloud.chiefarchitect.com/1/pdf/marketing/x12-new-features.pdf

And in the future, if you have ideas for things that you think could improve the program you should always post a suggestion here:

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/forum/8-suggestions/

point to point.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DzinEye said:

Podium Browser

Yes, I personally wish chief would add some more for light commercial, this program is more than capable of doing it.  I have modeled entire shopping centers and restaurants with no major issues.  

899563073_SILDSGRT2.thumb.jpg.298f2005711d003d374a0ce70b4ac59d.jpg1287064120_Tiajuana2.thumb.jpg.f5417c32ea3c8ac42ffdf273748c3b7c.jpg

TSC.thumb.jpg.48ec4d554132b3e1f4d2f365d0bcd7be.jpg721328302_Ulta-HG3.thumb.jpg.78f07273c5c12047614b0dfa643fdea8.jpg

ps4.thumb.jpg.3cb3893c5de9b166ff01bf2067806809.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, raltd9245 said:

It is programmer's having way to much time on their hands.

Same way contractors live the life of Reily right?

At the show I mentioned to one that I was pleased that they took care of a lot of little niggles. He called them "paper cuts" and said they give those to interns and new hires, they've added a number in the last couple.