Window Trim

caleb0mm

2 hours ago, caleb0mm said:

How do I add interior 'side jamb extensions' ?  It shows 'lintel and casing (alder) in materials, but no extensions. thanks

Is this what you are trying to do?

image.thumb.png.48516cbd2dd0f00568a5c54970677e84.png

Interior

image.thumb.png.58d9b73cf467c944c7dd74dec2a906e2.pngalder extension jambs.planalder extension jambs.plan

Exterior

If so it's a symbol made to be used as Shutters. The origins are changed to make it work and the frame is reduced so there is no z fighting. If you are also actually using shutters then you need to make a symbol that combines this with the shutters and play with the origins to  get it right. It's also possible that you may need to lock the symbol with or set the stretch planes or zones so that the "jamb" doesn't resize. Plan included with the symbol. Open the symbol and check the origin offsets- for a different wall they need to change as does the depth of the symbol. Also open the window DBX and check the frame tab and the shutters. If it's not what you're after ...oh well it's been fun :)

alder extension jambs.plan

Good morning,

I've attached 3 pics. I am using Chief Arch 10 pro. The picture with the 2 yellow stars is what i am trying to add. (I called them jamb ext, might not be accurate). It adds the

3.5 inch casing alder around the window and shows up on the material list. It also adds the 3.5 inch lintel (shows in material list). But can not find on Vide's or google how to add the 4 parts to the inside(stars) and add to material list.  It is only going to be a single window as shown in one of the pictures.

Thanks for the help

Marc in Montana

IMG_1406.JPG.pdf

IMG_1406ttstar.pdf

IMG_1408single.pdf

Screenshot 2020-01-23 10.37.31.png

This probably has nothing to do with your questions but you do not have the latest update for your version of the program.  You should download and install the latest version (20.3.0.54).  There are a lot of bug fixes and other improvements that you are missing.  Just check out the update notes:

https://cloud.chiefarchitect.com/1/pdf/documentation/chief-architect-x10-update-notes.pdf