Convert Chief Designer plan to Chief Architect Plan

blueriver

Can someone tell me how to convert a CA Designer plan to Chief Architect? I had Designer for a bit and now using A 11.  When i just open a plan i previously worked on in Designer the walls i insert in Architect are a different color but most of all i seem to have technical difficulties with these plans.

It's glitchy.  I was just working on one and it actually said i had a critical error, i had to shut the whole thing down.  I really don't think it's my computer, it's only a year old and i'm not having issues with anything else - or even any other plans.

Just now, blueriver said:

David - sorry, just abbreviating.  I'm using Chief Architect 11 and was referring to Chief Architect Designer

Lauren, explain technical difficulties, even better post the CA X11 plan file so the forum can "see" what's going on. As far as the wall colors not being the same, when you opened the plan in X11, did you save the designer plan, then open it with X11?  You may need to open the wall type in X11 and reset the wall fill colors?

When zooming in it will glitch/freeze/lag.  I have a generated wall in a gable that is showing on the first floor when in working/plan mode, only way to get it off my view is to delete it but of course it deletes the wall, if i put it back-same thing.  I was just zooming around the exterior in camera mode and it said critical error - i had to shut down and restart the whole program.  I'm not having these issues with any other plans.  

I can definitely change the colors of the walls in display but given the other issues i was thinking maybe i couldn't just open old Designer files, i was thinking maybe i had to import or convert them or something.  Since that's not the case i'm not sure what's up.

I'd really like to upload the file however I had two plans stolen last year (ugh) and i'm sure 99% of people on here are great but I love this plan and don't want to take any chances.