X12 layout question

tommy1

I've got a bad situation and trying to see if it can be an easy fix with X12. Has anyone tried to open two layouts and copy items from one layout to another and then relink the layout? Trying to keep from resending things from one plan to a layout for the other plan. Hopefully this doesn't sound too confusing.

In X11 you can hold the Ctrl key down and open another session of Chief Architect.  Keep the Ctrl key held down until the 2nd session opens.  This allows you to open two layouts at the same time.  You can then copy and paste between the two layout files.  In X12, you can just open two layouts at the same time.  

Not really sure what the question is, but yes, I have done what you are describing.  Chief does however seem to commonly have a bit of an odd issue when the original plan is still open though.  The layout continues to show the original plan even though it is tied to the new plan.  I always forget what i need to do to clear it up.  I think yo just need to save and re-open the layout though.  Or maybe close the original plan.  Not sure.  Always able to clear it up though.