Materials not showing in camera view

Summer23

9 hours ago, Summer23 said:

I am having a problem where anytime I change a material it goes to a solid black and I cant see it. I also cant see the one half of my room because it is so dark. I believe it has something to do with the lighting or camera views but not sure how to fix it.

chief prob.pdf

Are you in a PBR View when this happens ?

M.

1 hour ago, Troxel said:

unselected "Use Global Illumination" and selected "Use Enhanced Lighting" - all seems back to normal now

Chief may have disabled it , if it thought your Video card had an issue with OpenGL Rendering.... turning off Global Illum. is not a good idea if you use PBR Cameras though. (see below)  You may not have this Setting on by Default ?........... set it in your Template File and you only need to do it once.

image.thumb.png.99f5660ccad8671ad0358998a0d5a069.png

From the Help file....

The Troubleshooting settings can be used to troubleshoot performance in 3D views.
• Uncheck Use Enhanced Lighting to disable most lighting effects in Rendering Techniques that support lighting. This box is checked by default and should only be unchecked for troubleshooting purposes. It may become unchecked automatically if the program detects a problem with your video card. See OpenGL and Hardware.

• Uncheck Use Global Illumination to disable lighting effects in the Physically Based Rendering Technique. This box is checked by default and should only be unchecked for troubleshooting purposes. See Physically Based.

• Upvote 1