New Default Sets

wjmdes

Curious if I am missing something or if this is correct in using the "New Default Sets" that have replaced annosets.

No matter what I select under the drop down, it always says "Active Defaults" under Default Set. The name of my Default Set (old anno) will not display. I think I have to open the Saved Plan View Specification to verify what the specific individual Selected Defaults are.

Has anyone messed with his enough to clarify this so I know how to address moving forward?

1950406167_X12Anno-Default.thumb.JPG.2914d251dcc7a8aec20037f1916bb0ee.JPG

Tool works exactly like it did before.  They just renamed it to Default Sets instead of Annotation Sets for continuity and clarity.  It will always say "Active Defaults" unless you either select a specific Default Set or select a group of Defaults that matches a Default Set.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Tool works exactly like it did before. 

Well, it wasn't earlier!   Ugghhh, I was so sure I had an issue I had my IT department (my son) load software to record a video.  I get home and it is behaving properly.  If (or should I say when) I come across it again, I will record it so I can demonstrate I am not losing my mind.

12 minutes ago, wjmdes said:

Well, it wasn't earlier!   Ugghhh, I was so sure I had an issue I had my IT department (my son) load software to record a video.  I get home and it is behaving properly.  If (or should I say when) I come across it again, I will record it so I can demonstrate I am not losing my mind.

If you set your various defaults back to EXACTLY what you've show in the screenshot above, what does the Default Set say?  I'm just wondering if perhaps one little thing was off. 

44 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

If you set your various defaults back to EXACTLY

Very strange, I cannot replicate this now.  Before no matter what (anno/default set) I selected in Currently using, it would revert to say Active Defaults, but all the selected defaults below that were correct for what I was choosing.  I will video this if it happens again...

• 3 weeks later...

Fairly certain this problem is occurring when I import Layer and Default Sets from my new template into older drawings. It does not allow me to change the Default Set at all until I save, close and reopen.  Until then it just says Active Defaults

1 hour ago, wjmdes said:

Fairly certain this problem is occurring when I import Layer and Default Sets from my new template into older drawings. It does not allow me to change the Default Set at all until I save, close and reopen.  Until then it just says Active Defaults

Bill, I can confirm that is when I get the same behavior:  when importing default sets.

19 minutes ago, BenPalmer said:

Bill, I can confirm that is when I get the same behavior:  when importing default sets.

I'm just guessing...but, if you import an annoset, you may have to go to your plan views and make sure the specific "anno/default" set is specified in the plan view dialog.  See picture below.  Changing plan views changes my anno/default sets...unless I have a plan view that does not have a specific anno/default set specified (which I don't).  

2020-02-06_10-51-59.thumb.png.616f6b3016ab818785d1e5abfc7f79b2.png

10 minutes ago, SNestor said:

I'm just guessing...but, if you import an annoset, you may have to go to your plan views and make sure the specific "anno/default" set is specified in the plan view dialog.  See picture below.  Changing plan views changes my anno/default sets...unless I have a plan view that does not have a specific anno/default set specified

It will not let me choose any other sets until I save and reopen. (See my original post above)

On 1/21/2020 at 7:35 AM, wjmdes said:

Curious if I am missing something or if this is correct in using the "New Default Sets" that have replaced annosets.

No matter what I select under the drop down, it always says "Active Defaults" under Default Set. The name of my Default Set (old anno) will not display. I think I have to open the Saved Plan View Specification to verify what the specific individual Selected Defaults are.

Has anyone messed with his enough to clarify this so I know how to address moving forward?

1950406167_X12Anno-Default.thumb.JPG.2914d251dcc7a8aec20037f1916bb0ee.JPG

Bill...did a video for you.  Not sure I covered exactly what you are having difficulty with.  If not...maybe you can expound a bit.  Hope it helps...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SNestor said:

Bill...did a video for you.  Not sure I covered exactly what you are having difficulty with.  If not...maybe you can expound a bit.  Hope it helps...

Thank you Steve!  You have confirmed that I am in fact doing exactly what you are.  Next week I will be working on a few older jobs and I will try to pay more attention.

I am curious if it makes a difference as to what you import first, Default Sets or Layer Sets.

I also had an issue yesterday when recreating some of my commercial default sets (because you cannot import just one default set) that it took it a while to propagate and show up in the drop-down list or in the project browser area.  I created it in Default Sets Dialog Box and then went to create my Saved Plan View and it was not in the Drop Down, not sure what went on, but it eventually showed up.  I  have to create 3 or 4 more defaults sets and then these will all be on my template (rather than scattered between several different plan files) and I will try and document exactly what I did.

47 minutes ago, wjmdes said:

Thank you Steve!  You have confirmed that I am in fact doing exactly what you are.  Next week I will be working on a few older jobs and I will try to pay more attention.

I am curious if it makes a difference as to what you import first, Default Sets or Layer Sets.

I also had an issue yesterday when recreating some of my commercial default sets (because you cannot import just one default set) that it took it a while to propagate and show up in the drop-down list or in the project browser area.  I created it in Default Sets Dialog Box and then went to create my Saved Plan View and it was not in the Drop Down, not sure what went on, but it eventually showed up.  I  have to create 3 or 4 more defaults sets and then these will all be on my template (rather than scattered between several different plan files) and I will try and document exactly what I did.

Bill...I was thinking last night that one difference between what I did and what you stated in your original post was that you had opened and "older" plan...and things did not work.  In my example video I was using a new plan created in X12...and then imported my default sets, layer sets and saved plan views into the new X12 plan. 

That might make a difference....not sure really.  

23 hours ago, BenPalmer said:

Me too.  I'm guessing it almost certainly has something to do with the fact that the imported Default Sets did not have a Revision Cloud Default to set. That's why nothing you do will ever match an old default set.  Chief probably just recognizes this in fixes it during the initial loading of the plan...which would explain why you have to save and then open the plan again.

I needed to recreate a few new "Default Sets" (wish they had not renamed this), so I exported all my default sets and layer sets from my template, made my project current with those settings.  I then created a few new default sets, exported and put back in my template.  Everything came up "Active Defaults" until I saved and reopened.  So there ya go...