Game controller setting for video

sweethomedesign

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, misterwiley said:

I have a PS4 controller and haven’t been able to get it to work yet. Haven’t been able to find and documentation from Chief yet either on how we are supposed to set this up or troubleshoot it.

Ive gotten it to work before using an app "ds4windows"

2 hours ago, BrianBeck said:

Game controllers are not currently supported on Mac so the option to use them will not appear in the menus.

I connected a Sony PlayStation DualShock 4 Wireless Controller to my Mac.

It is recognized in both USB and Bluetooth.

Here are two screenshots.

Sony Bluetooth.jpg

Sony hardwired.jpg

4 hours ago, BrianBeck said:

Game controllers are not currently supported on Mac so the option to use them will not appear in the menus.

Brain,  I just recorded a Walk Through using the PS4 DualShock Controller. I used an App called Joystick Mapper just to prove that it works.

I'm hoping CA will work on this feature for Mac. Walk throughs are  one of my main sales tools

15 hours ago, BrianBeck said:

To be clear Gamepads can be connected to the mac but they are not supported when using Chief on the mac. There are technical and performance related issues that prevent their use on the mac currently.  Gamepads are currently only supported in Chief on Windows.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I was able to create a Walk Through using the PS4 DualShock Controller and an App called JoyStick Mapper.

The only problem was the walking speed.  Even after slowing the camera movements to 1/16" increments and slowing the mouse and App., It still moves a little too fast.

Hopefully CA will work on this and it will be appreciated.  Choosing just ONE required controller works for me.  Spec it and I'll buy it.

Thank You

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/23/2020 at 10:31 AM, frameworks said:

How do you use the controller in chief? 

I enabled gamepad and configured it how wanted but can't get the program to respond using the gamepad (Dualshock)

Me too, I enabled the gamepad but it won't work.