X12 BETA Now Available To Public...

HumbleChief

VERY VERY stable and any Beta user is free to discuss any and all features etc. (from the e-mail I received this morning)

"Hello,

The Beta is now available to the public for all users whose SSA is current.  You are now free to discuss the new features in public forums.     Limit the discussion to the new features though, discussion of issues that have been reported and fixed during the beta process should not be discussed.

Thanks again for all of your help. If you have any other questions let me know."

1 minute ago, NRST8TRKR said:

I am paid up thru Jan.14,2021, I think that passes muster.

I understand, so that means your current license was about to expire? You renewed roughly a week before the release? I'm not sales etc., so if it doesn't show up and you think your due the Beta to use give customer service a call?

52 minutes ago, tommy1 said:

Yes, I see the upgrade when I hit that button.

My SSA automatically renews Feb 2020, for another full year; there is no upgrade button for me to hit in my Digital locker?:o

That's really ok for me though, I hate the thought of having to migrate all my libraries over.  I'm the only one on the forum I know that has so much trouble doing the migrate :(

1 hour ago, tommy1 said:

When you download and open the program, does it still say "Beta"?

no the beta is gone, just remember if you draw any plans in X12, you want to continue but change your mind and don't upgrade you will not be able to open that plan in X11

2 hours ago, DRAWZILLA said:

no the beta is gone, just remember if you draw any plans in X12, you want to continue but change your mind and don't upgrade you will not be able to open that plan in X11

Yea I know. I worry about doing new plans when they first release a new version, but I may need to break my rule. I have a job coming up where if I can break the stairs to make a certain part of the stairs wider, that will save me some headache and made it easier. I've been waiting for this feature for a long time. Think I'll download it this weekend and try it.

• Upvote 1

On 1/17/2020 at 4:26 PM, Evolution said:

I hate the thought of having to migrate all my libraries over.

Downloaded X12 yesterday evening. No problems migrating my user libraries over. I was surprised how fast the install was for everything. I will use it on my next new project. Have several involved ongoing plans that I will probably finish in X11.

• Upvote 1

On 1/17/2020 at 8:22 PM, Electromen said:

I opened an older drawing and saved under X12.

It crashed as soon as I clicked on the stairs.

I started a new drawing and no problems with stairs.

Copied and opened a couple of X11 plans in X12. No problems or crashing when selecting stairs (two sets of stairs had custom made handrails) and opened them. One plan was very involved and seemed fine after a preliminary look when bringing forward.

• Upvote 1

Who stole "Copy and Paste in Place"?  I created a stand-alone toolbar for it.  Can't get it to go in the existing toolbar.... 

X12 seems to run much faster in plan view.  Jury thinks it is slower in Layout, verdict not in yet.