Custom cabinets, toe kick, overlay, and handles

TopagnaOverlook

Full height cabinet with custom panels on front and right side.

1.  I can't figure out how to eliminate the toe kick from the cabinet box.

2.  I can't move the bottom door handle to the top and the top door handle to the bottom.  I'm not seeing an option to position the handles independently for the two doors in the full height cabinet.

3.  I can't get the side panel to extend "full overlay" to the face of the front panels (it only comes forward to the edge of the cabinet box).  I see the full overlay option under "Accessories", but this has no effect on the front vertical corner.

cabinet.jpg

House.plan

Thanks Eric,

1. Toe kick:  Per your guidance, changed toe kick height and depth to 0" and that seems to do it.  Solved!

2.  Full overlay:  From the earlier thread, it looks like an issue specific to custom side panels as opposed to a flat panel which works.  Should I report this as a bug?

3.  I am using the original template that shipped with X11 last week.  Not sure where to go from here on this one.

cabinet_vector.jpg

SSA support says that they will submit a feature request for the side door panel full overlay issue in a future release.  In the meantime, they suggested that for this situation, I abandon the use of a custom cabinet side panel, and place a separate 3D door object beside the cabinet with the needed width (not a part of the cabinet object) .

36 minutes ago, TopagnaOverlook said:

SSA support says that they will submit a feature request for the side door panel full overlay issue in a future release.  In the meantime, they suggested that for this situation, I abandon the use of a custom cabinet side panel, and place a separate 3D door object beside the cabinet with the needed width (not a part of the cabinet object) .

You need to go back and re-read that thread about the panels since you missed something there. Then call support and tell them how it's done.

image.thumb.png.5502cc044a30ee774eacc370336befd3.pngimage.thumb.png.0e17c22859e0343ebef981be5580247e.png

1 hour ago, TopagnaOverlook said:

Thanks Eric and Ryan.

On the bottom door, the handle was already set to 3" from top but displayed as centered.  So I changed it to 2" from top, then back to 3", and it jumped into the expected place.

I'll call Chief to report the custom overlay panel issue.

I noticed this apparent bug yesterday but had not had the time to go back and play with the template to see if it gets fixed.  I just adjusted and went with it for then.  Now I am looking at it closer and I think it might be something with the template I was using as I was working on a clients plan which was already built and the glitch was there.  My own template seems to be fine so it might be just a rogue template that had a glitch that some users happen to have used to build their template at that time?

Try Fixing it in your .plan template and resaving to see if it works.

1 hour ago, rgardner said:

I noticed this apparent bug

2 hours ago, TopagnaOverlook said:

I'll call Chief to report the custom overlay panel issue.

This is not  a bug, just an annoyance. To make it work you must:

A-set the side to either paneled or auto paneled

B-select full overlay

C-SPECIFY the door style in the accessories tab, panels, selecting from the library.

As noted at the end of the other thread on this you can set the door style to match your cabinet door style in the defaults. Then you don't have to fiddle with it unless you want something different which you can do

6 minutes ago, MarkMc said:

This is not  a bug, just an annoyance.

I was referring to the part about the door handles on full height cabinets.  That does seem like it was a bug in certain plan templates.

What happened was:

when adjusting a full height cab face even though both handles are set at x” from edge it will show incorrectly with the top of the handle off of the door in all 3d views.  like the center of the handle is at the edge of the door panel on the lower door.  So in my case it showed it on the door at the bottom and the built in microwave at the top of the handle.  Messing with defaults for all doors did nothing.  Until you go in and set that bottom door’s handle to something different, save it, then you can go back and set it default again and it fixes it.

As I mentioned this is not in my template but in a plan of a client I work with.  Not a current program glitch though.

23 minutes ago, TopagnaOverlook said:

Mark M - I followed your steps, but the result was the same.  The side panels stop at the end of the cabinet box and do not overlay the front doors.

cabinet3_vector.jpg

Me thinks you no follow instructions good.... :)  it works just like MarkMc said........

image.thumb.png.a71f0245456f83c7ea68fa506614aad7.png  image.thumb.png.5dfce47fe677aaa2df958e76f50b6207.png

Looks pretty good actually...............

image.thumb.png.8c32cda1ba5fe70f8373a01b7b9d38ec.png

18 minutes ago, TopagnaOverlook said:

Mark M - I followed your steps, but the result was the same.  The side panels stop at the end of the cabinet box and do not overlay the front doors.

cabinet3_vector.jpg

I believe Mick is correct-if you still think it does not work post the plan and let us see. It's worked for me without fail since X something (I don't remember when we got this but it wasn't yesterday :)

A-set the side to either paneled or auto paneled

B-select full overlay

C-SPECIFY the door style in the accessories tab, panels, selecting from the library.

Actually, I did follow the steps above.  Note that in cspec5, after selecting the library object the panel style is "Framed Panel Door".  Is there a step that I missed?

cspec1.jpg

cspec2.jpg

cspec3.jpg

cspec4.jpg

cspec5.jpg

19 minutes ago, TopagnaOverlook said:

That's right Mick.  On the accessories panel, "Full Overlay" is grayed out.

I'm beginning to suspect this has something to do with the object that I'm selecting from the library on the Accessories page:

Architectural->Cabinet Doors, Drawers, & Panels->Doors->Framed Panel Door.

I just used the Framed Panel Option under Panel Type , I didn't go out to the Library.

image.thumb.png.8d92f4431e94e13ef270051bc7cde18d.png

M.

14 hours ago, TopagnaOverlook said:

D- On the Accessories panel, check the "Full Size Panel", and then the "Full Overlay" checkboxes.

Ahhh yes ..... I guess I do that without thinking about it.... I always assumed Full Panel was needed with Full Overlay