Stretching a plan

DH7777

Hello,

Is there a way to stretch a plan. I have a two-level house and I need to stretch both floors 5ft in one direction. Not sure how to approach this task. would like to do both floors at the same time so I don't have to go back and fix things. I'm used to windowing around objects in AutoCad and just stretching it. I can't find anything like this in Chief which is supprising. Any advice would be great on how this is done.  I have attached the plan so you can see what I'm dealing with. In the plan on the main level floor plan view, you will see a line I drew through the house from front to back. (its in the living area by the garage. I need the house stretched 5ft making the living and loft above wider towards the garage. Garage and everything above the garage can't change just moved over along with the stretching. How do I do this? stretched plan.plan

stretched plan.plan

front.jpg

back.jpg

1 minute ago, lbuttery said:

yes, check out the Edit area all floors tool

there will probably be some "repair" needed afterward

make a backup copy first

Lew

ok I see it. I was able to use the tool and select all floors and window around what needs to move but I froze because...how do I tell chief to move 5ft in a specified direction?

On 1/17/2020 at 7:11 AM, DH7777 said:

ok I see it. I was able to use the tool and select all floors and window around what needs to move but I froze because...how do I tell chief to move 5ft in a specified direction?

I use the Tab key.  Hit Tab while you're dragging and then enter location/distance/direction parameters.

• Upvote 1