Can blue print pdf be loaded for changes?

Barn1860

Hello I'm new to the chief. I have a pdf file created with Chief Architect that is a blue print design for a house.  Can this file be loaded into Chief Architect and changes made directly to this plan? Or is a different type of file needed?  It was created with the current version of CA. Thank you.

First welcome to the forum.  It would be very helpful, if you update your signature with the CA software version you are using, as variations from one vs to the other may affect the answer.  Here is a link to how to: https//chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/18908-signature-here-at-chief-talk

Also include computer info would be helpful for those who might respond.

If you have a PDF file of a plan, then you open a new plan, >import>pdf and then you can trace over.  I know there are programs that can convert PDF to .DWG or .DWF files, but if you don't or can't, then the trace over is the way to go.

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00018/tracing-over-an-imported-file-to-create-a-3d-floorplan.html

Chop is suggesting if you can get the original file of the plan that was drawn using CA, then ask for the complete back up.  If you're new, to CA you may not understand so go to the help files and search for saving files importing / exporting files etc. 

Thank you SO VERY MUCH for your replies. I've been trying to find a local draftsperson in Queensbury or Glens Falls NY but normal searches on google have been unsuccessful. Is there a way to locate anyone thru this forum? Thank you again. 

13 minutes ago, Barn1860 said:

Thank you SO VERY MUCH for your replies. I've been trying to find a local draftsperson in Queensbury or Glens Falls NY but normal searches on google have been unsuccessful. Is there a way to locate anyone thru this forum? Thank you again. 

Check the services offered section of this forum or post in services wanted.