Bay Window Symbol

robdyck

I've made a bay window that properly matches a factory built vinyl bay window. So what's the best way to be able to reuse this work? Do I attempt to convert it to a symbol, or an architectural block? Is it simplest to just save the plan, and then group select and copy the items from there when I need them in a different plan?

It has a lot of different parts:

Pony walls, windows, solids, moldings, 3d moldings, exterior corner trim.

1991003430_BayWindow1.thumb.jpg.464ff20cbdfa110d5f3dfe4d2930fffe.jpg

Did you try Edit Area and Clip it out with maybe 2ft of wall each side and then save it as a A.Block ,  I am thinking the Walls should rejoin to the walls in the new plan okay but would need to play with it perhaps, if it doesn't work as a Window Symbol Properly that is?

I went thru this exercise several years ago with a complete set of "Andersen Bay Window" symbols.  Unfortunately Chief doesn't handle "Custom Windows" very well.  I was only able to set them up as "Exterior Fixtures" and place them in a "Pass Thru Window" in order to get the Window Frame, Casings, Sill, etc correct.  At that time the "Exterior Fixtures" wouldn't show in a Window Schedule.  X12 may make it possible to put them in the Window Schedule.