How to extend roof under cantilevered floor...?

DzinEye

3 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

For starters, uncheck Use Room Ceiling Finish.  Think of it this way. There is only one ceiling finish layer. It grabs onto the first thing it finds and then anything above that won’t get a ceiling unless it provides its own ceiling finish.

Interesting.  Well, I tried it and I'll I got was this new bit of (vaulted ceiling?) sticking through.  Then tried Use Soffit Surface, and what I thought was every different permutation of all the different roof and room 'ceiling' settings which did not do anything about the hole.   I will probably have to upload my plan at this point I guess.   Thank you for trying!

Hole in floor.JPG

Glenn, when I read the help file info on that setting, I really thought you hit it.
Oh well!... it did clean up my breezeway eave though.
The odd thing about that setting is that it's only available in the general Roof Defaults not available in the DBX for an individual roof plane, yet 'Help' says that it should only be used in the case like this with an overhanging floor.  So how do you only use it in this situation if it's an overall default? 
It's not doing the trick anyway, but maybe if I play with some other settings now in concert with that setting.

Hole in floor.JPG

If you post the plan we can stop guessing.  There a crap ton of variables.  For example, I don't know if that circled area is a room ceiling, a cantilever underside, a manual ceiling, or something else.  In addition, we can't see what your structure settings are, how the roof is snapped, what the roof settings are, etc. etc.  My original guess was assuming that the area in question was being produced by the room below.  It was just a quick guess based on the screenshot. 

Thx Michael... I def. do plan to send it. 
This prob. sounds terrible but I'm totally focused on a different project at the moment.
It's just that this was stumping me like mad before I went to sleep last night so I sent it out this morning for a hopeful easy answer before I jump back into it.
Appreciate if you'll have a look-see when I get it posted later.

But FYI.. yes that is a cantilevered floor of a bedroom above and a breezeway below... and there are other things giving me grief on this breezeway so maybe they're tied somehow.  

Okay... here's the file.  I have a camera positioned to view the area I'm referring to.
Note the hole in the floor (and in the ceiling drywall in the room above) where I want the breezeway roof to continue under the cantilever.

Bonus points:  As noted in my last post, the breezeway has some issues.  I can't get the beam to drop down.  If I put a lower ceiling in the breezeway room then the floor in the bedroom above drops down.  My plan was the drop the beam and build a soffit above the beam up to the bottom of the floor above.

HabitatDesign_X1.zip

Sorry, opened the plan up and had a quick look.  Definitely not going to have enough time to delve into that this morning.  Suffice it to say that there's A LOT going on in that little area and definitely nothing like what I had originally guessed.  I will leave you with 2 little tips/ideas though...

1.  When I run into a scenario that seems like it just won't work (a Chief limitation), I will commonly just stop fighting the program, pick an element that I want to leave automated, and then manually model/patch the other. I'm sure that's something you already know.

2.  The roof plane below the floor will only screw the floor up if it's topmost point is higher than the bottom of the floor.  So, one possible solution is to break that roof plane into 2 separate planes...one that is lower than the floor and a separate plane for the portion of roof that is not under the floor. 

1 hour ago, Alaskan_Son said:

1.  When I run into a scenario that seems like it just won't work (a Chief limitation), I will commonly just stop fighting the program, pick an element that I want to leave automated, and then manually model/patch the other. I'm sure that's something you already know.

2.  The roof plane below the floor will only screw the floor up if it's topmost point is higher than the bottom of the floor.  So, one possible solution is to break that roof plane into 2 separate planes...one that is lower than the floor and a separate plane for the portion of roof that is not under the floor. 

Thank you, appreciate it.
I did as you suggested, making that piece of roof under the overhang separate, and it worked halfway.  Interestingly enough, the hole in the floor goes away, but the hole in the ceiling drywall directly above remains...which totally confounds me.  I guess I can live with that for the time being. Still in middle of design phase.