Area rug symbols display on top of other furniture in plan view

Terry121

There is probably a simple setting to fix this but I have not been able to find it.

When laying out furniture, for instance in a living room, I want to use an area rug along with other furnishings. This works fine in 3D views but in plan view, the area rug covers up the other furnishings. I have not been able to find a way to display it at the back of group or to make it transparent in plan view. I thought maybe it had to do with the distance from the floor to the bottom of the various objects but that doesn't seem to make any difference either.

This occurs both with the area rugs in the Chief Core catalog and with others from manufacturer catalogs. Any idea what to do to get it to display properly in plan?

22 minutes ago, Terry121 said:

There is probably a simple setting to fix this but I have not been able to find it.

When laying out furniture, for instance in a living room, I want to use an area rug along with other furnishings. This works fine in 3D views but in plan view, the area rug covers up the other furnishings. I have not been able to find a way to display it at the back of group or to make it transparent in plan view. I thought maybe it had to do with the distance from the floor to the bottom of the various objects but that doesn't seem to make any difference either.

This occurs both with the area rugs in the Chief Core catalog and with others from manufacturer catalogs. Any idea what to do to get it to display properly in plan?

Chances are its on top because of the order in which it was placed in your plan. Furniture objects will all be in the same drawing group by default. Simply use this tool to place it behind the other objects.

image.thumb.png.60e8d5cb6941a63d2d87d11dc56e900c.png

Or specify the drawing group in the 'Layer' Tab of the dialog box.

image.thumb.png.533d357d8f76b6a66e3cd29cebc83b4f.png