Crown Moulding not showing up?

dkmtek

crown moulding not showing up on the inside of an exterior wall? I have created a new exterior wall (Dbl masonry w/fir strips), I have three layers (Int, Main, ext.), the walls line up with upper and lower walls, but, the crown does not show up on these walls? 

1777160644_ScreenShot2020-01-13at8_38_29AM.thumb.png.162459ed2cd0fe65af2720083eaec01e.png958517231_ScreenShot2020-01-13at8_36_22AM.thumb.png.07db3daa84fcee4df181bfbf2188d472.png

More info...........I'm on version X8 on a mac 27" 3.2ghz, 32 GB Ram w/GeForce GT 755M 1GB (Graphics), not that any of that matters, except for maybe which version I'm on (X8). 

It seems to be only the wall I created (Dbl brick w/fir strips), because all the others are fine. e.g. interior 4&6 and exterior siding 6 (2nd story). They all show both mouldings (base and Crown) as to where the new wall only shows the base moulding? Which makes it even more confusing?? The moulding height seems fine (Set by room, not wall) so, I'm at a loss? But, pretty sure it is with that wall I created (Copied, modified and renamed).

I appreciate your help so far, keep the suggestions coming!

Thanks!! 

A new twist? I just created a room (Box) in another location of the drawing with the wall I created (Dbl masonry w/fir strips) and put a camera in there, and the crown showed up?? Now I'm really confused! I've closed, save, reopened the drawing many times, and that didn't change anything (Still no crown on outside wall).

1 hour ago, dkmtek said:

A new twist? I just created a room (Box) in another location of the drawing with the wall I created (Dbl masonry w/fir strips) and put a camera in there, and the crown showed up?? Now I'm really confused! I've closed, save, reopened the drawing many times, and that didn't change anything (Still no crown on outside wall).

Kind of brings back Eric's first suggestion-post the plan.

Your walls are confusing the program which is causing the automatic molding to generate incorrectly.  In situations like this you can always use the "Make Room Molding Polyline" tool to convert the crown molding into a manual one, edit the shape so that it is inside of the room, and then turn on the crown molding for the edge where it is missing.

The good news is that the automatic molding looks fine in X12.  

1 hour ago, Renerabbitt said:

Just move the masonry out of your main layer

Thanks, that worked! But it does raise some questions that were probably already answered when it was said "I'm confusing the program"? The moulding showed up when I built a room (4 basic walls). Being anilrentetive, moving the masonry wall to the outside is confusing to me? It's a load bearing wall I would think it should be in the "Main" layer? Masonry construction where I'm at (Outside Chicago), means dbl brick. All current modern residential construction is wood frame with brick veneer (I always have to explain what that means to someone who doesn't understand construction) Maybe the program can't decipher that? Either way, thanks, looks great now! 

Maybe you can help me with another problem? On an L shaped staircase, how do I have One of the two with a wall instead of railing? (Close on top?)

Screen Shot 2020-01-13 at 7.40.05 PM.png

39 minutes ago, dkmtek said:

Thanks, that worked! But it does raise some questions that were probably already answered when it was said "I'm confusing the program"? The moulding showed up when I built a room (4 basic walls). Being anilrentetive, moving the masonry wall to the outside is confusing to me? It's a load bearing wall I would think it should be in the "Main" layer? Masonry construction where I'm at (Outside Chicago), means dbl brick. All current modern residential construction is wood frame with brick veneer (I always have to explain what that means to someone who doesn't understand construction) Maybe the program can't decipher that? Either way, thanks, looks great now! 

Maybe you can help me with another problem? On an L shaped staircase, how do I have One of the two with a wall instead of railing? (Close on top?)

Screen Shot 2020-01-13 at 7.40.05 PM.png

Welcome to the forum.

The K(nowledge) B(ase) has lots of info to help you with these types of things.  You will find the guys on this forum are amazingly helpful and very generous with their time!  But a quick search of the KB or even this forum will give you quick answers and helps you to receive that help when you really need it the most!

The staircase looks good and I help this helps you figure it out.

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-03107/creating-a-stair-rake-wall.html

BTW the reason everyone will ask for your signature info is that ALOT of items that are asked about are different depending on what version and certain technical difficulties others with the same type of configurations have had the same glitch happen so they can help you fix it.

Cheers!