Indoor swimming pool

chomper

I'm having no end of grief trying to create an indoor pool. I can make an outdoor one to my hearts content, however when I replicate the process in the "pool room", it won't work at all.

Is there a method I'm not aware of to make an indoor pool? Using Chief X10

The attached ray trace was created in X8 for a client who has not, to date  upgraded.

How I created this pool room:

1. Created the structure

2.Added the windows

3.Drew the outline of the pool using room divider walls

4. In the resulting "Room Specification Dialog" I programmed the "room" to be open below

4. I then added the pool symbol and located it in the created "room"

DJP

Constelation.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Love the back drop David.  8 months out of the year probably snow covered or too cold to have outdoor pool.

I did the same thing as David mentions, created a room then used divider walls and opened below.  Square or rectangular pools are easier for a inside room.. you can do plines too.. just more a PITA.

6 hours ago, chomper said:

My god David, that is some epic design work!

Your method may have done the trick, it looks like it's working. Wait, what's the pool symbol?

If you don' t have the pool symbol in your library files, you can probably find something in the 3D on line warehouse. 

• 1 month later...

Advanced issues found

On 1/12/2020 at 2:02 PM, DavidJPotter said:

The attached ray trace was created in X8 for a client who has not, to date  upgraded.

How I created this pool room:

1. Created the structure

2.Added the windows

3.Drew the outline of the pool using room divider walls

4. In the resulting "Room Specification Dialog" I programmed the "room" to be open below

4. I then added the pool symbol and located it in the created "room"

DJP

Constelation.jpg

Hello, I've tried following these steps several times, I keep getting stuck once I change the room type into open below.... it pretty much does exactly that - opens the ground below and shows the backdrop in 3d view. I've tried placing a slab, however, this is what I get (snapshot attached). And oh, I used the gingham pool texture on the slab. 
What am I missing? I've tried Renerabbit's video method, but it didn't work very well either, I dont' think his method was created for an indoor pool, as the room walls keep attaching itself to the existing ceiling no matter how much I try to edit the specs. 

indoor pool.png

In an elevation camera, measure how low the pool symbol is relative to the floor level of the pool room. Then select the pool symbol using "Transform-Replicate - Move" and move it up in the "Z" axis the value you measured it needs to be. In the Pool symbol, change the "bottom relative to" box to "Absolute" so it stays put after the move.

DJP