Details

Green1

The details I found on Simpson site are dwg, dxf and pdf but they are on 24 x 36 sheets with many drawings that don't pertain to this plan. I would like to take the detail I need and fill in dimensions for my plan. This is a PDF example. I couldn't open dwg or dxf apparently need to download a app I don't have yet. 

SW_WSW11_2DO_Cad_MULT_Instld_Detail-Sheet.pdf

3 minutes ago, Green1 said:

When I download dwg my computer says I need to download a app to open. What app should I use?

Dont try opening it from your file location.  Open the plan you want in chief and use "import" to pull it into chief.

1 hour ago, Green1 said:

When I download dwg my computer says I need to download a app to open. What app should I use?

Chief can't Open DWG or DXF Files directly that is why Windows says it needs another App , but like many CAD Programs Chief can Import both File Types via the DWG\DXF Import Wizard instead. 

The colours can be an Issue as many AutoCad users like a Black background, and lines maybe white, so sometimes you will need to change Chief background to Black or a Dark grey ( Preferences>Colors) so you can see all the linework and Text etc. then you should be able to select it and change it's colours / linetype /etc etc as normal. I find quite often putting it on a new layer doesn't always help as it Imports with the color option to use the layer for color unchecked.

M.

28 minutes ago, Green1 said:

Wow, That is cool. Last question. Text is yellow. How do I change it to black?

Use the select all or shift select option to select the text only and change it. 

Having said that, I add the text to it's own layer (TEXT_DETAILS) so that I can control the color through the layer options.