interior condition

Hammer7

BTW,  if you do want a ceiling in that living room,  I think you will need to build if with a. CEILING PLANE in lieu of the room DBX.

If you want to use the DBX,  go to the ceiling structure and change the depth of the ceiling joists from 5-1/2" to 16" and then to 1" and you will see how it effects the siding finish on the gable end.

• Upvote 1

Thank you, I'm going through it now...

DBX?

The living room over the garage has a ceiling and looks good for the moment.  I have siding in that room now that I would like to correct and yes I do need to correct the missing spot in the siding.  Why does this occur?  My shed dormer is unbalance and I'll be working to correct that next.

Thank you, yes, I'm not sure how to manually edit a ceiling plane but I will try that.  I was able to pull up the siding to cover the exposed joist.  I'm also looking to fix the siding showing up on the interior portion of the house.  Screeshots attached.

ceiling wrinkle.png

Interior siding.png

1 minute ago, Hammer7 said:

.....  I was able to pull up the siding to cover the exposed joist.....

ceiling wrinkle.png

Interior siding.png

I don't think you should ever manually adjust a wall height in elevation unless you. know what you are doing.  That is what got you in trouble in the first place.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Not exactly but I appreciate you ,    I'm really not a BAAaaad man, lol....  I just did that so I would not have to look at the exposed joist while I try to learn that method.  I'm still trying to understand why certain things happen in Chief and how to perform self diagnostics.  I've talked with many people that give up on the program because the solutions seem so difficult to come by.  I'm using the program full time now so it's a little easier to build on daily solutions.

11 hours ago, Hammer7 said:

I'm also looking to fix the siding showing up on the interior portion of the house.

That wall should not be one long wall as the Siding must face the opposite direction on either side of the ridge...hence the siding inside on one side...and drywall outside the other...

M.

1 hour ago, Hammer7 said:

Thank you all.  Does anyone know how to get rid of the goofy trim under the soffits in this photo and why they were generated in the first place?

goofy trim.png

It is probably a soffit.  Turn roof soffit off to verify....  if so,  change the SUBFASCIA depth. SUBFACIA  controls location of soffit.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Hammer7 said:

Thank you all.  Does anyone know how to get rid of the goofy trim under the soffits in this photo and why they were generated in the first place?

goofy trim.png

Room ceiling being applied to the bottom side of the specified deeper roof framing over the front porch area.  Multiple possible fixes, but that room might be a good candidate for Use Soffit Surface For Ceiling (Structure panel).

Finally getting to the bottom of the list of visible anomalies to my plan.  Some of the nagging ones are the lines showing up in the siding that I have not figured out how to eliminate and a facia in a soffit dormer that does not match the other side.  

Thank you to all for the suggestions so far.  Each suggestion has helped.

Corrections 1.pdf

It is definitely a wall issue and while I no longer have drywall showing outside I still have siding inside.  One thing that has helped is trying to solve one issue at a time and being careful to go slower.  This wall with siding on the inside is a pony wall.

Inside.png

Another sample picture, this one shows a drywall layer running through a wall intersection and a misalignment of walls.  Atempts to realign the walls with the alignment tool bring up an error message that is weird in that it says "...cannot move walls due to alignment  or something like that.

Wall intersections.png

1 hour ago, Hammer7 said:

something like that

You've moved further along in your plan, for every new question that involves a new iteration of the plan you really need to post the plan file. 

A lot of strange things going on in your .plan file. I know it can be a tricky balance of learning the program and trying to produce revenue, a bit more time studying the chief help videos can go a long way for your production.

Many of your roof planes are not actually touching or misaligned, many roof planes have perimeter lines that are not straight(90-90 degrees, etc.) You should balloon frame a great number of your exterior walls. You have roof planes cutting into areas that would typically have framing. You have reversed exterior walls. You have walls with improper intersections and walls with manually edited wall heights. Maybe someone would be nice to fix all of this, or you could get someone coach you through it or you can retroactively fix these items yourself referencing the help sections.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thank you Rene, and yes, I'm doing all of the above.  I am actually working with a number of people and learning all I can as quickly as I can.  Finding the right resource at the right time is a bit of a challenge.  I appreciate your feedback as I know there are a number of problems.  For us newbies the diagnositics can be half or more of the battle.  Also I am finding that I don't wish to settle for good enough ...I'm looking for definitive solutions whenever possible.  Right now I'm reading and working on the wall intersections and snaps.

4 minutes ago, Hammer7 said:

Thank you Rene, and yes, I'm doing all of the above.  I am actually working with a number of people and learning all I can as quickly as I can.  Finding the right resource at the right time is a bit of a challenge.  I appreciate your feedback as I know there are a number of problems.  For us newbies the diagnositics can be half or more of the battle.  Also I am finding that I don't wish to settle for good enough ...I'm looking for definitive solutions whenever possible.  Right now I'm reading and working on the wall intersections and snaps.

Here I fixed a host of problems across the plan but I would double check everything as this is an older version than your current working set. Maybe you can reverse engineer it.

Study the dbx.'s

Rear_elevation_showing_connetor_roof_1.9.20.plan

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1