V8 Renderings

Jacquelyn

I see a lot of talk about PBR, but I have version X8 and I don’t think PBR is an option. I have not mastered raytracing— I usually use standard view and vector view to show details. But the standard view looks pretty flat/unrealistic. I do a lot of kitchen designs and in standard view you can barely see the lines between cabinet doors. I’ve even tried playing with the light data but nothing I’ve come up with makes much of a difference. Any tips for an X8 user would be appreciated!

Jacquelyn

The fact is that technology moves into the future whether you are speaking of computer hardware or software. It gets better and better each year, X8 is still perfectly good except X11+ is even better in terms of a lot of features including rendering. PBR was added in X10. On a fully up to date PC or Mac ray tracing is a lot faster and PBR in experienced hands is even faster. I have clients that still use X5,6,7,8,9,10 and 11 so I have them all on my PC to serve those who choose not to upgrade. I mostly use X11 myself, it is "State of the Art" until X12 is released.

DJP

On 1/8/2020 at 4:26 PM, Chopsaw said:

Have you tried sending more than one view to layout and overlaying them ?

I haven’t tried that, but I’m trying to now and not sure how to make the top view transparent...please help!  I like the idea of it!

On 1/9/2020 at 6:22 AM, Jacquelyn said:

I see a lot of talk about PBR, but I have version X8 and I don’t think PBR is an option. I have not mastered raytracing— I usually use standard view and vector view to show details. But the standard view looks pretty flat/unrealistic. I do a lot of kitchen designs and in standard view you can barely see the lines between cabinet doors. I’ve even tried playing with the light data but nothing I’ve come up with makes much of a difference. Any tips for an X8 user would be appreciated!

Jacquelyn

Have you tried the Watercolor Technique?

zzz.jpg

zzz2.jpg

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jacquelyn said:
On 1/8/2020 at 5:26 PM, Chopsaw said:

Have you tried sending more than one view to layout and overlaying them ?

I haven’t tried that, but I’m trying to now and not sure how to make the top view transparent...please help!  I like the idea of it!

I am pretty sure I have seen it done with a line drawing on top of standard view but it is not an option in Chief as Jintu has shown with the Watercolor technique.  Here is a quickly done proof of concept that needs a photo editor to produce the transparent line drawing so that it can be layered unfortunately.  Pretty sure I submitted a feature request for this a while back.

100524451_StandardViewdrawing.thumb.png.c49c00e4875a6d3fdacb9ba0ca214f57.png

+

1531489802_Linedrawing.thumb.png.1e1a695096358ba63dca60e0f5cd044a.png

=

295548242_StandardViewLinedrawing.thumb.png.68ffe6c0c0407edd99bef3ef9597dd2e.png

Just that one step nicer than Vector View but not dreamy like Watercolor.