Inverted Arched Window

KilianDrafting

2 hours ago, KilianDrafting said:

Is there a any way to create an arched window like this? The center unit is no problem, but I can't seem to get the units on each side to have an "inverted" arch. 

Pssh... even a proper non-inverted 3-part broken arch is impossible with current window tools.  I can only get them about as shown... looks terrible to me

3partArchWindow.JPG

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, joey_martin said:

Mull the windows together THEN set the arch.

9 minutes ago, solver said:

Place your 3 windows with flat tops. Mull them. Set the arch.

OMG!.. thanks guys.  I tried so many things and the idea of mulling then arching did not occur to me.  Much appreciated.

21 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

...or, if you don't actually want them mulled...

Thank you Michael,
Aaaarghh... If I had tried using 'Double arch' instead of 'Broken arch' I could have got it to work.  In a way I'm glad I didn't figure it out though, because then I wouldn't have complained and learned the mulling trick...LOL.  Mulling is certainly the easier way to go.  However, there may come a case where it's not, so good to know this double arch method.
Appreciate the well-made video.

On 1/7/2020 at 8:32 AM, KilianDrafting said:

Is there a any way to create an arched window like this? The center unit is no problem, but I can't seem to get the units on each side to have an "inverted" arch. 

Rich, 
In the 'Suggestions' part of the Forum, suggest that Chief implement the ability to input negative radius values for a 'double arch' so the inverted arch could be done.

• Like 1