X12 New Features are listed Here

Electromen

Wow,

Was thinking about not renewing this year,(just about ready to retire completely) however I have gotten three jobs in the last couple weeks and after seeing the new features I am going to go for it. I just love new tools of any kind.

The stair and tray ceiling features sound particularly exciting.

Thank you,Chief

44 minutes ago, NRST8TRKR said:

Wow,

Was thinking about not renewing this year,(just about ready to retire completely) however I have gotten three jobs in the last couple weeks and after seeing the new features I am going to go for it. I just love new tools of any kind.

The stair and tray ceiling features sound particularly exciting.

Thank you,Chief

Fixing to apply for retirement in January myself BUT will still be working. Have to sign up for Medicare too. Now I know I'm getting old but still ride my bike like I'm 40. Would like to slow down my workload but my engineer keeps sending me people.

Always happy to see a new update but can't see any new feature that I might actually need/use. Multiple Layout files have been possible for many versions but that's nice to be able to open them without a workaround. Other than that not sure what I'll find useful going forward. Trey ceilings? Dunno.

The best thing about every new update that I've found is that the program just works better and that is always worth the price to me.

Sad to see that previous features are still the same like the multi reference set tool. No way to turn one off without deleting it or using other techniques and the glass house option is still useless. That's kinda par for the course with Chief. Once a 'feature' is done there's no going back to make it more user friendly and I've learned to live with it.

Still looking forward to the update as, again, Chief just seems to work better with each update.

EDIT: Just wanted to make it clear that everyone's work flow and feature needs are different and am happy there are those who are excited about the new features, there's just nothing compelling for the way I work. Still very nice to see the update.

Interesting on the stair break tool, but for it to be really functional, it would be nice to be able to 'break' the individual tread itself.  

It will be interesting to see if you can break just one tread, and define as winder and get the functionality.   In the past, it was either using landings (which trim did not generate properly) or trying to use winder, which often caused strange things at the top of the stair and wall...etc.

Looks like some pretty good stuff though!

9 minutes ago, NRST8TRKR said:

Thanks Mick,

Thought it was late Jan.. My renewal is due the 14th So I'll be good to go.

Have a great New Year,Ken

I believe so, as to be included in the Public Beta I think they require your SSA to be active at least 3 months past the release Date, so mid/end of April perhaps would qualify.

M.