chief architect bluetooth measure tool

abiondojr

I have spoked with the customer service department regarding the bluetooth measure tool. They have said other user have used other bluetooth measuring device beside the Leica. Just wondering with bluetooth measuring tool. I have the Bosch GLM 50 cx but it not communicating with the software. 

From what i had seen in the past marketing makes all these components a problem  !!! The bosch is a very good tool but the disto by lecia is compatable with the software . Chief also has a program  ( room planner ) that works very good with there software but it is used on an i pad . The steps get  more & more involved , which defeats what we are trying to do because one company will not support the other  !!!!  

with room planner you would use your bosch & draw it on your i pad  seems like double work :( might as well bring a laptop . The lecia products in my opinion are really the best but pricey, for a 910 !!  Sometimes time savers are costly  ( marketing ) !!!!   I use to use a stanley fat max when they first came out & used a cad matt which drew straight lines then entered it all at home !!

All these items can get costly but most of all simplicity and ease of use is the ticket !! I am in the process now of upgrading some of these items . From the simple way it seems like the lecia disto would work okay ($100 ) but the other leicas will do alot  more exterior measuring, again marketing takes over  !!! 

Haven't used a Bosch so can't help. Started with a Disto X3 but was getting more exterior work so got a 7500i and sold off the X3 to a client. Both synced to Chief on the Spectre just fine (Windows ONLY). Expensive? more than I would have liked but each paid for itself in 2 jobs of saved time and trouble.