library concrete stairs

crosscutter55

1 hour ago, crosscutter55 said:

I am using x10 full . Is there a way to modify the existing size of the concrete stairs in the library to match the dimensions i need , and if so how would i start 

They are a symbol , Fixture in this case, so they resize like most symbols on the general tab , however you can only have 4 steps , since that is how it was made.

Use the Stairs off the Stair Menu/Icon instead and draw your own and specify everything like the number of treads , their size,materials etc etc instead.

M.

image.thumb.png.77dcdeff3f839a1297ed85c68fbf86d0.png

Watch this video, then  believe you can place your stairs using the stair tools and edit their materials etc. to have the concrete stair you are after. if you don't want the risers to be sloped, you can just change the materials to concrete after you've placed them and have the size (width, height, treads and risers) as you need it. Hope this helps.

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/384/drawing-concrete-stairs-with-sloped-risers.html

On 12/27/2019 at 12:02 PM, crosscutter55 said:

i can not see how to eliminate the stringers 

You don't need too Chief will, when you uncheck the open underneath check box, set 0" overhang on your treads and then  just make all the materials concrete and you will see Chief removed the Stringers as the Stairs are actually hollow .

You can also turn on/off Railings if wanted.

image.thumb.png.45309d7cf9169cad7fdfe30abde55aa6.pngimage.thumb.png.955b97cbc42198d5bdd8a539129372a1.png 

image.thumb.png.20df8a914bc067d62f0890583a6278bc.png

Thanks for all the help !! Sometimes i stay away from chief for long periods of time & when i use it again it is another learning curve  !! When i was using the wood stairs i didnt see anything that let me modify  the stringers :( in that box related for the adjustments :( but when you go to different camera views it does show up .